Which is the best mascara?

Whatever it is that Eva Longoria is currently advertising, it certainly makes her even more stunning than usual.

Models advertising mascaras invariably wear false eyelashes.

Every single week a new mascara comes out, as though the cosmetic firms are competing with each other to give us longer and longer lashes.

Why do people buy into this? A mascara will only accentuate what is already there and not actually lengthen the eyelashes.

• 1 month later...

Just to report back;

I have tried 3 new mascaras...

Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Blacks - I really like this, even more so if I use my Max Factor brush to apply it. It lengthens, thickens and gives a nice curl which lasts all day.

Benefit Bad Gal - Not so keen. Middle of the range mascara.

YSL Faux Cils - Amazing. :love: Lengthens, thickens and most importantly; separates. You can easily put 2 coats on without it clumping. The fibres cling to the lashes giving extra length like I've never seen before. Stays perfect all day, even in the hot weather and washes off very easily.

• 5 months later...

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - Surprisingly good high street mascara, I actually really like it. Gives loads of volume and a pretty decent amount of length. Can look a little bit clumpy if you put too many layers on, or if you leave too long between applying layers.

Lancome Defincils - A good mascara if you like a more natural look. Doesn't give much volume but lengthens nicely and separates.

Lancome Hypnose - A new favourite. Not quite as good as YSL Faux Cils, but nothing really is :hihi:. Gives good volume and length with no clumps. Actually works really well if you layer it with the Defincils first and apply it second.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - Surprisingly good high street mascara, I actually really like it. Gives loads of volume and a pretty decent amount of length. Can look a little bit clumpy if you put too many layers on, or if you leave too long between applying layers.

Lancome Defincils - A good mascara if you like a more natural look. Doesn't give much volume but lengthens nicely and separates.

Lancome Hypnose - A new favourite. Not quite as good as YSL Faux Cils, but nothing really is :hihi:. Gives good volume and length with no clumps. Actually works really well if you layer it with the Defincils first and apply it second.

Is it me or does the Lancome Hypnose smell like hyacinths? I like the mascara but, it says hypoallergenic so how can it smell like flowers?

Is it me or does the Lancome Hypnose smell like hyacinths? I like the mascara but, it says hypoallergenic so how can it smell like flowers?

Just had a whiff and can't say I smell anything floral... smells a bit like petrol and chemicals - not very natural lol.

Archived