CT scan, scared

Which part of the body is your scan for? There's lots that can be done to help you be less anxious with medication, but they may also be able to position you differently to prevent panic, like sending you in feet first rather than head first if your scan is of your abdomen, for instance.

Don't fret, it only takes a few minutes these days and there is lots that can be done to make you less worried.

Which part of the body is your scan for? There's lots that can be done to help you be less anxious with medication, but they may also be able to position you differently to prevent panic, like sending you in feet first rather than head first if your scan is of your abdomen, for instance.

Don't fret, it only takes a few minutes these days and there is lots that can be done to make you less worried.

Its for my stomach area, ive just read on NHS website it takes about 30 mins? It is a ct scan.

I'm sure that if you contact the unit they will be able to put your mind at rest about being able to put you into the machine feet first, play music, talk you through the process over the speakers and all sorts of other things which will help you cope.

What you have to remember is that you're by no means alone in having anxieties about this sort of thing and the unit must have ways of helping people with phobias get through it.

Its for my stomach area, ive just read on NHS website it takes about 30 mins? It is a ct scan.

Make sure you let them know that you have a problem, they'll help you as much as they can. There can be quite a loud whirring noise, but it isn't as bad as the loud banging noice of an MRI. When I had a CT scan I was told it would take half an hour but the actual time in the machine was probably half that.

Archived