Al-Qaeda operative cannot be deported

Don't be silly when it was an up and running Co-op store it was not ramshackle and delapidated. What ruined it was the type of people who moved into the area.

If you wasnt to go for medals in the "silly-stakes" you take the gold, silver and the bronze, as your comment is utter "tOshombe", I'm afraid, on both counts.

1) I grew up in that district, and the Stores,, even when it was operating, was a damp, poorly-constructed, poorly maintained, dilapidated, concrete eyesore even back then. The shabby, poorly-wearing concrete construction was typical of its time, and was long-past its sell-by dare by the time the mosque was built.

2) oh, yeah, *rolls eyes* like the people moving into the area were responsible for an existing building being damp and poorly constructed!

If you wasnt to go for medals in the "silly-stakes" you take the gold, silver and the bronze, as your comment is utter "tOshombe", I'm afraid, on both counts.

1) I grew up in that district, and the Stores,, even when it was operating, was a damp, poorly-constructed, poorly maintained, dilapidated, concrete eyesore even back then. The shabby, poorly-wearing concrete construction was typical of its time, and was long-past its sell-by dare by the time the mosque was built.

2) oh, yeah, *rolls eyes* like the people moving into the area were responsible for an existing building being damp and poorly constructed!

just a thought next time you in ask them if they could be of benefit to the rest of the community and open a coop inside :thumbsup:

just a thought next time you in ask them if they could be of benefit to the rest of the community and open a coop inside :thumbsup:
It is a community co-op, that's how it got built, food isn't the only reason a co-op works:roll:. You ought to go inside sometime you may have a evon riddley moment:hihi:

It is a community co-op, that's how it got built, food isn't the only reason a co-op works:roll:. You ought to go inside sometime you may have a evon riddley moment:hihi:
no you mean it was built by a community co-op but its actually a mosque:roll: i have stepped in a few when doing building work but not when they are actually open for prayers (hope i got that right )

no you mean it was built by a community co-op but its actually a mosque:roll: i have stepped in a few when doing building work but not when they are actually open for prayers (hope i got that right )
It is actually a Mosque and community centre. It was built and is being run by a community co-op.

There is a communal element to it that is not religion based so if you did step in before you can step in again and no one will attack you for doing so. Just go and read the notice board inside the main entrance and you will have more of an appreciation that you may have been far off the mark about the place so far.

so have you been in for a visit? and if so tell us of your experience

been in a couple of times (It's not the Mosque I attend) it's lovely inside. and it's a fantastic example of the community pulling together, to build the centre

There's a big prayer hall. There's catering facilities, there's a lunch club for the elderly... There's educational and community facilities. They have a school-visit team.

They have a special funeral area for washing and preparing the deceased's body prior to burial and where prayers can be said.

It's a welcoming place.

been in a couple of times (It's not the Mosque I attend) it's lovely inside. and it's a fantastic example of the community pulling together, to build the centre

There's a big prayer hall. There's catering facilities, there's a lunch club for the elderly... There's educational and community facilities. They have a school-visit team.

They have a special funeral area for washing and preparing the deceased's body prior to burial and where prayers can be said.

It's a welcoming place.

Sounds a barrel of laughs

Archived