Al-Qaeda operative cannot be deported

But having your limbs blown off by a terrorist bomb is not inhumane treatment then?
Did they find any explosives or found the guys had any training in handling explosives or the allegations of a bomb plot only days away did the guys have any stockpile of the material required to blow your limbs off? Nothing at all was found that is why there is so much egg on the Governments face at the moment with simpletons like you working themselves up into a frenzy over a lie.

I just want some clarification, do the Pakistan government allow torture? I've always thought Pakistan was a relatively safe and stable country. I know people who go there all the time, to visit their grandparents and other family.

If he is just a student, why would he be in danger of being tortured? Who would be torturing him even if he isn't? This seems rather a calumny against Pakistan, imo.

I'd guess he'd be tortured by the Pakistan's security services for information about his alleged inks with Al-Qaeda.

I think the court probably had article three in mind

- Article 3: Inhuman treatment

No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

But we're told Pakistan is a civilised country, if it isn't civilised why are we having so many uncivilsed Pakistani people come here?

I'd guess he'd be tortured by the Pakistan's security services for information about his alleged inks with Al-Qaeda.
I didn't realise we countenanced torture by our friends? Why aren't people jumping around about it, like they have been about the USA in the past?

I just want some clarification, do the Pakistan government allow torture? I've always thought Pakistan was a relatively safe and stable country. I know people who go there all the time, to visit their grandparents and other family.

If he is just a student, why would he be in danger of being tortured? Who would be torturing him even if he isn't? This seems rather a calumny against Pakistan, imo.

I bet you'll claim the British Government doesn't allow torture either, there are many who have evidence and scars to prove otherwise.

I would be guessing but these guys would be regarded as having tarnished the name of their country and a bribe ridden country like Pakistan anything goes. the law is the same as here but the implementation of it is rather patchy.

I think it is almost a given that although he was not charged, this is probably more the case that a conviction could not be secured rather than he is harmless.

It doesn't matter why he was not charged. Without a conviction he is an innocent man.

Is that really the best you can come up with? I must have been overestimating you......

The man in question hasn't been found guilty of any offences. The court ruled that if he was sent to pakistan he'd be likely to be tortured.

Are you in favour of torturing innocent people?

How do you think sending him back would be in any way way just?

No I'm not in favour of it, but I accept that it goes on and if it happens to somebody who poses a threat to the UK, I shall not be losing any sleep over it. Are you in favour of people being blown up by terrorist bombs?

How do you think keeping him here is in any way just?

The Special Immigration and Appeals Commission said it was satisfied Abid Naseer, the alleged ring-leader, was behind an “imminent” al-Qaeda backed plot but said he risked being tortured if he was returned to Pakistan.

“As the court agreed, they are a security risk to the UK. We are now taking all possible measures to ensure they do not engage in terrorist activity.”

The Special Immigration and Appeals Commission said it was “satisfied that Naseer was an al-Qaeda operative who posed and still poses a serious threat to the national security of the United Kingdom and that…it is conducive to the public good that he should be deported.”

The commission panel, headed by a High Court Judge, Mr Justice Mitting, said it believed the emails, which referred to girls and cars, was actually code for “different ingredients of explosives, their properties and availability.”

Naseer’s explanation, that he was actually writing about girlfriends, was “utterly implausible” they said.

The panel said the closed material they had considered included “pointers to an imminent attack” and that Naseer had stated his intention to do so between April 15 and 20, although it was unclear whether he would have been able to pull it off.

It doesn't matter why he was not charged. Without a conviction he is an innocent man.

I think "innocent in the eyes of the law" would be a more appropriate phrase.

Baring in mind that the same court who decided he can stay stated they believe he was communicating with Al Qaeda, and not to discuss the weather.

Archived