Al-Qaeda operative cannot be deported

If the Government hadn't gone for the face saving option and declared these guys innocent then there would be little reason for their torture....IMO. They went for vanity and end up with this mess of a compromise.

No one has been declared inocent, they'ed have to have had a trial for that to happen.

They have escaped prosecution for some reason or other, that's all.

But you spin as much as you like there taby.

The conclusion is that they are innocent. The law in this country, for at least eight hundred years, has required you to secure a conviction in a court of law before you can treat someone as guilty, and that has not been done.

in which case why should there be fear for his life if returned to pakistan ,if he is said to be innocent then why would he be tortured ?to quote the link

"

“As the court agreed, they are a security risk to the UK. We are now taking all possible measures to ensure they do not engage in terrorist activity.”

The Special Immigration and Appeals Commission said it was “satisfied that Naseer was an al-Qaeda operative who posed and still poses a serious threat to the national security of the United Kingdom and that…it is conducive to the public good that he should be deported.”

in which case he should be sent packing

I bet you'll claim the British Government doesn't allow torture either, there are many who have evidence and scars to prove otherwise.

I would be guessing but these guys would be regarded as having tarnished the name of their country [...]

What do you mean YOU BET I'LL CLAIM that ...? You make far too many unwarranted assumptions about people you don't know anything about. You're even 'guessing' why this man might be tortured in his own country. I asked for clarification, if you can't provide it, why post with a 'guess'?

All I can claim is that as far as we, the general public, are informed, the UK doesn't countenance torture by our police or armed forces, or that any of our friends and partners countenance it either. AFAIK, Pakistan is one of our friends and partners.

No one has been declared inocent, they'ed have to have had a trial for that to happen.

They have escaped prosecution for some reason or other, that's all.

But you spin as much as you like there taby.

As serious allegation as terrorism and they escaped prosecution for some reason or other? What are you smoking fella??:loopy:

Wow you caught me out , now you have found the reason why Muslims can't be peaceful, the secret is out you are so intelligent I have to respect that, you are a clever man/woman/or none of the previous.

Hey its your claim that these muslim brothers of yours are going to torture this guy not mine.

You claim it, he claims it, but there no evidence for that is there, especialy if he's not a terrorist, why on earth would any one want to torture him if he wasn't a terrorist.

Unfortunatly tab you can't have it both ways, he's either inocent as you claim and not in any danger back HOME in his own country, or he is guilty and your muslim bretheren are going to do something that you claim muslims won't do.

Chooooooooooose your poison.

Hey its your claim that these muslim brothers of yours are going to torture this guy not mine.

You claim it, he claims it, but there no evidence for that is there, especialy if he's not a terrorist, why on earth would any one want to torture him if he wasn't a terrorist.

Unfortunatly tab you can't have it both ways, he's either inocent as you claim and not in any danger back HOME in his own country, or he is guilty and your muslim bretheren are going to do something that you claim muslims won't do.

Chooooooooooose your poison.

Go forth and multiply!! I don't have to stoop to your trolling agenda chap, quite a low life aintya? Find that claim that you attribute to me about my bretheren not toruring and prove yourself not a liar.

Hmm, there is an absolute furore when one of our friends the USA are found to be engaging in torture, yet hardly anything said when another of our friends Pakistan engages in the same activity. Dare the people that criticise the US under such circumstances not criticise Pakistan?

Archived