Men are bigger liars than women, says poll

Where are these monied men that pay for things? I've never actually met one or know anyone that has one. Most of my friends have always worked and bought their own stuff. I think you're all lying about paying for things for women ... so I still agree with the poll findings. :D

I NEVER tell lies, it is merely that the truth changes according to the circumstances in which I find myself.:cool:

Perhaps men lie more often because women are inclined to ask more intrusive questions that they really dont want to know the answer to.. for example 'What are you thinking?' The really dont want to hear that he is fantasising over some hollyoaks babe, so he just replies 'Football' or some other topic that his lady wont be offended by.

Men dont often ask questions that women need to lie to, in my experience anyway!

Some good points

Where are these monied men that pay for things? I've never actually met one or know anyone that has one. Most of my friends have always worked and bought their own stuff. I think you're all lying about paying for things for women ... so I still agree with the poll findings. :D

I think their all on the dole now..some still have this old notion that "women at sink and man dahn pit" still exists, unless these men are actually paying for their women to live in a luxurious lifestyle...just a pity the women aren't their wives..:hihi:

Personally I think men are bigger liars because they have so much more to lose. The more you could possibly lose the bigger the lie IMO. Generally women are more content (that could be changing). I think everyone accepts that we all lie...it's just that men have this capacity of building on the lie as if it almost becomes real...they actually live it. White lies can be swept away without almost a second thought, the other BIG REAL lie has such an effect it's seen as, or some would say felt like, physical assault. I may be pushing the boat here but I think men..as a clan, unconsciously think it's ok to lie because the rewards short term are so advantageous...usually a "bit on the side".

So generally I would agree with the findings also, but only generally.

I NEVER tell lies, it is merely that the truth changes according to the circumstances in which I find myself.:cool:

. I may be pushing the boat here but I think men..as a clan, unconsciously think it's ok to lie because the rewards short term are so advantageous...usually a "bit on the side".

So generally I would agree with the findings also, but only generally.

You see...I was right. :D

I've known two big fat liars in my life; one male and one female, so thats 50/50 in my experience.I hate liars more than anything.

I also hate being accused of being one, by one, when I'm not. :rant:

I agree it's both 50/50

How can anyone be neutral on a thread where the topic is "Men are bigger liars than women", says poll ? :confused:

And please don't copy my (or anyone's) posts and alter them so much that they lose all credibility and relevance to the topic under discussion, thank you.

Just to reiterate. I think most men are massive liars about really serious and important things, and most women are liars about silly, unimportant things. I agree with the poll findings.

Easy tiger - I didn't copy what you said as a proper quote, and I had rather assumed this was a less than serious thread. Your own exaggeration ("some men lie all the time", "men usually lie about really important stuff") rather suggested you weren't being entirely serious either. I didn't alter your post, nor did my post make yours lose credibility or relevance.

I can see now that you really do seem to think the majority of men lie about things you deem important. Apologies for any offence. It must be very stressful to share a planet with so many people you don't trust.

Just to reiterate. I think most men are massive liars about really serious and important things, and most women are liars about silly, unimportant things. I agree with the poll findings.

Those aren't the poll findings though, which part says that?

As far as I can tell you've made that up to match your sexist preconceptions.

Archived