23 bar and restaurant

Kirsb

lol- such a typical british attitude, won't ever complain about poor service or poor food because they don't want to cause a scene yet they will happily sit behind there keyboards and say that the place is rubbish. :D

How can the place ever improve if i doesn't know what its doing wrong is what i think? You don't have to be rude and it doesn't have to cause a scene, you just point out quietly what was wrong and then if they are any good they will sort it out with the minimum amount of fuss.

Well for starters I'm not British, so well done, Detective.

I just like to avoid conflict, but why should I not voice my opinion about a place I have visited and the (rather pathetic) service I availed of? For all I know, the food I thought was quite boring might be someone's favourite dish. Frankly, I couldn't give a monkey's behind whether they improve. If you're so concerned, feel free to tell them I had a rubbish time.

I just like to avoid conflict, but why should I not voice my opinion about a place I have visited and the (rather pathetic) service I availed of? For all I know, the food I thought was quite boring might be someone's favourite dish. Frankly, I couldn't give a monkey's behind whether they improve. If you're so concerned, feel free to tell them I had a rubbish time.

Well- please accept my apologies for being presumptious.

Thats fine- if your the kind of person who avoids conflict and pays for sub-standard meals thats fine, im not- each to there own.

Love it! Made me laugh so much!

I agree with the Doc, just to set the scene, when I went, (and it was some time ago) I ordered a bottle of Argentinian Red, I think it was about £20, the Sommelier ( well he had an apron on) complimented me on my choice as being one of the best from the "cheaper side of the wine list."

I have had the pleasure of eating at Arzak, Mugaritz, The Fat Duck, Iggys and elsewhere over the last 40 years. I love food, I worked in a cellar visited by Andre Simon, I love wine. I NEVER over pay for it.

I have seldom been offended by waiters who I respect and admire, whether they are working in a 3 * Michelin or the local Indian.

I was offended by this toffee nosed pretentious ***** .

Oh I have a strong Barnsley accent and so did my companions. I wonder if that effected his attitude.

So Doc, like you I impose the ultimate sanction, I never go back and I tell anyone who is interested of my experience.

I have no doubt that my friend the Sommelier, with his apron, is now working in an environment in which he truly belongs. When I see him I must remember, I do want fries with it.

Cheers

I

Well- please accept my apologies for being presumptious.

Thats fine- if your the kind of person who avoids conflict and pays for sub-standard meals thats fine, im not- each to there own.

Yeah it REALLY annoys me when people whinge afterwards but don't do anything at the time. I went to Antibo, the wine was awful so they changed it for something else free of charge and then the food was SO overcooked. So they recooked it and gave me a free glass if wine whilst I was waiting; all because I brought it to their attention. Why the heck do people ACCEPT sub-standard service? We should all take a leaf out of the Americans book in my opinion.

I think it is sometimes difficult to do anything about it at the time. Not everyone feels comfortable doing so. There's no harm in sending an email afterwards outlining your experiences.

If you spent money on a phone, or some other item and it didn't work properly would you not take it back? Although it is uncomfortable perhaps, you would still take it back because it was not what you expected. I think a meal should be viewed in the same way, if you are spending money (and sometimes a lot of money) surely you have a right to complain if it is not what you expected? If then they don't rectify it there and then, write an email to the manager stating what happened, write a bad review on trip advisor, tell all your friends and you will feel better if you're in that situation. I am not one of those that picks faults in small things but if I am really not satisfied I will say and I have never not had some compensatory measure taken or at least an apology.

Also, having eaten at bar 23, I am pretty sure they would be more than satisfied to rectify the problem for you.

On reflection, I dont remember whether or not the food was any good at 23 it might have been wonderfull. I suppose my problem was with the service and the condescending clever dick that served us. I guess that you dont really want to get into that sort of complaint because you might end up spoiling your manners. I have also been to Antibo and had liquid Lasagne. Truly truly horrible.There is another of these imitation Italians at the side of the Winter Gardens small portions crap cooking big bill. Anyway I am off to the San Pietro in Sicily tomorrow frquented by the local don. He gets really good service and I am sitting on the next table. If I pick up any tips I will let you know.

BFN

If you spent money on a phone, or some other item and it didn't work properly would you not take it back? Although it is uncomfortable perhaps, you would still take it back because it was not what you expected. I think a meal should be viewed in the same way, if you are spending money (and sometimes a lot of money) surely you have a right to complain if it is not what you expected? If then they don't rectify it there and then, write an email to the manager stating what happened, write a bad review on trip advisor, tell all your friends and you will feel better if you're in that situation. I am not one of those that picks faults in small things but if I am really not satisfied I will say and I have never not had some compensatory measure taken or at least an apology.

Also, having eaten at bar 23, I am pretty sure they would be more than satisfied to rectify the problem for you.

Archived