I think ive got cystitis

I know it's mean and puerile but there's something about poor ol' fabcakes predicament that has actually got me laughing out loud, and I'm normally a miserable git that laughs at nothing.

:hihi::hihi: at least I've made someone giggle daft as it sounds

Fear not, apparently you can get cranberry tablets which shouldn't be so bad :suspect:

You can indeed:) They definitely sell the tablets - or capsules, rather - in Holland & barrett and I have also seen them in Boots.

They will help you with your current cystitis but also if you take them for a course, they will help maintain your general health in that area so you won't be as likely to get it again! I have had recurrent cystitis and the cranberry capsules did a good job where I couldn't keep taking antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon, it can be excruciating! Another one in the long list of women-specific painful things we have to suffer:(

You can get sachets from the chemist that you mix with water to drink which will help your sympotoms until you can get to dr for antibiotics. The worst thing you can do is reduce your fluid intake as the bacteria could spread up to your kidneys resulting in kidney infection which is unbelievably painful and could result in being admitted to hospital for intravenous antibiotics.

Drink lots and lots, cranberry juice is meant to be good for general bladder health bur not generally for treating cycstitis. Get the sachets from chemist and see dr asap for antibiotics.

Good luck

The best thing to drink when suffering from Cystitis is Cranberry juice. It works, so I have been told.

No No NO!

Cranberry uice as loads of sugar, which bacteria love!

You need something to buffer the urine, sodium bicarb or one of the solutions from the chemist, drink LOADS of water and off to the Dr ASAP with a wee sample to see if you need antibiotics.

Archived