So will the tories repeal the Human Rights Act?

human rights is a farce . It seems to me it is geared up not for the victims but for the perpitrators
It's aimed at victims but easily abused by parasites. Over 100 people so far have avoided expulsion from the UK after committing serious crime as recent immigrants, but have appealed successfully based on their 'right to family life'.

We don't need human rights legislation in the UK - the whole thing needs to be thrown out as soon as possible so we can deal with undesirables promptly and not be hampered by this do-gooders' and spongers' charter.

As with all open ended legislation it has become a stick to beat us with.

A far worse act than this is the HSWA.

This has become a tool of terror in the workplace.

Management and their jumped up creeps are using in an iniquitous fashion to deal with people.

It has gone, in less than 30 years, from a tool to defend the working man, to one of job creation for creeps and a management tool for making life impossible for anyone wanting to get on with their work.

Are you so clouded by class hatred that you really think management want to hamper their workers through H&S restrictions?

Are you so clouded by class hatred that you really think management want to hamper their workers through H&S restrictions?

Nothing to do with class hatred, by any means whatsoever.

I am talking about work here.

I have to control and send men to do certain jobs, but am constrained by sometimes ridiculous method statements, not made by engineers, but by jumped up office boys who think they know the system

I am a great believer in the HSWA, and follow the regulations at all times. But these days we have too many unqualified people in commanding roles who have no idea how to make industry work.

Nothing to do with class hatred, by any means whatsoever.

I am talking about work here.

I have to control and send men to do certain jobs, but am constrained by sometimes ridiculous method statements, not made by engineers, but by jumped up office boys who think they know the system

I am a great believer in the HSWA, and follow the regulations at all times. But these days we have too many unqualified people in commanding roles who have no idea how to make industry work.

Perhaps so, but that's not quite as bad as what you originally said:

"Management and their jumped up creeps are using in an iniquitous fashion to deal with people.

It has gone, in less than 30 years, from a tool to defend the working man, to one of job creation for creeps and a management tool for making life impossible for anyone wanting to get on with their work".

I spent many years in engineering management and can assure you that, while I had to apply H&S regulations for a variety of good reasons, any constraints that resulted in people's ability to get the job done was the last thing anybody wanted.

Perhaps so, but that's not quite as bad as what you originally said:

"Management and their jumped up creeps are using in an iniquitous fashion to deal with people.

It has gone, in less than 30 years, from a tool to defend the working man, to one of job creation for creeps and a management tool for making life impossible for anyone wanting to get on with their work".

I spent many years in engineering management and can assure you that, while I had to apply H&S regulations for a variety of good reasons, any constraints that resulted in people's ability to get the job done was the last thing anybody wanted.

Then we are agreed.

It must be this current crop of creeping jobsworths I am having to deal with.

But that is my problem, not yours, sorry to take the thread off topic, btw.

we all know the stories about the Human Rights Act. .......The illegal immigrant who cannot be deported because – and I am not making this up – he had pet a cat.

I suspect a researcher in the Tory Party is about to get an earful from the Home Secretary.

we all know the stories about the Human Rights Act. .......The illegal immigrant who cannot be deported because – and I am not making this up – he had pet a cat.

I suspect a researcher in the Tory Party is about to get an earful from the Home Secretary.

Apparently the pet cat was cited in the judgement.

Apparently the pet cat was cited in the judgement.

But TM clearly says the cat was the reason he was allowed to say. The judgement doesn't say that.

I guess that's what happens when you start distilling long judgements down into press happy sound bites.

At least its livened up a rather dull conference season.

But TM clearly says the cat was the reason he was allowed to say. The judgement doesn't say that.

I guess that's what happens when you start distilling long judgements down into press happy sound bites.

At least its livened up a rather dull conference season.

Thats what happens when you get a government steeped in lies and skullduggery, and only interested in the furtherance of its cronies wealth.

'International Law' certainly exists

No, it doesn't. There is no international legislature overriding national sovereignties.

but it is nothing like - for instance - the Criminal law.

I agree.

International law is a system of treaties and agreements which, although the various parties may claim are binding, change with the wind.

Yes, they're just that- mere. treaties.

These resemble voidable contracts, i.e. they're 'binding' only so long as both/all parties so wish, but voidable by any party.

Archived