So will the tories repeal the Human Rights Act?

The reason these criminal illegal immigrants know so much about the system (human rights legislation etc)and how to use it to their advantage, is that there are countless LABOUR lefties that staff all the "advice centres" getting them clued up on it and backing them to the hilt.

All right minded people feel anger and despair that the Iraqi illegal immigrant that killed a young girl in a hit and run didn't get deported, while the enemy within - LABOUR lefties, first instinct is to be on his side and do all in their power to prevent him being deported.

Poor.

Thats what happens when you get a government steeped in lies and skullduggery, and only interested in the furtherance of its cronies wealth.
But they've been out of power now for over a year and the country is still bracing itself to recover from their mismanagement.

But they've been out of power now for over a year and the country is still bracing itself to recover from their mismanagement.

Only a year?

I have been around for 60 years, and never once have we had a decent government. About the only good times for the people were the mid sixties, and that was only because I was a teenager. ;)

I think the tack that May and Cameron are taking on this one is perfectly sensible. The HRA is being exploited by the criminal defence industry as a get out of jail free card and judges seem to fallk for it time after time. There are so many state get out clauses in, for example, article 8 that it should be impossible for any convicted criminal to use to escape deportation. A codified reminder of this to the judicary should hopefully have fatuaous challenges to deportation under the HRA thrown out at the earliest opportunity and no appeal allowed.

No-one in the UK needs 'human rights', an artificial construct of an authoritarian mindset.

I don't see it as authoritarian. Infact it was essentially made to be the very opposite. The American Bill of Rights comes from the same ideas, and is something that the Conservatives want in Britain (Link).

Yes, thanks- but it's not "law" is it?

Legally we could ignore everythign sent down from europe but in reality it won't happen.

anyways parliment makes the law it is for our judges to interpert them, as is the same with parliament interpreting european law into our own system.

Archived