Gary Lineker quits Mail on Sunday over Triesman story

the mail could have approached the FA and said ..look we have certain information on Triesman,we dont want to publish if it affects the bid and all the benefits the country will glean from it here is the info can you please sort it or we publish,the FA could then have took steps Triesman goes fifa none the wiser and our bid not compromised ...whats the harm in that ?

But the mail editors don't really care about our country, they just pretend to so that they can make loads of money, because they know people like you will lap it up.

Yes, I agree. Newspapers printing the facts instead of being a party to covering them up? Don't they know what's in the public interest over at the Mail?

If newspapers are going to start telling us what's going on, where will it all end?

The Daily Mail and facts are not words which sit easily alongside each other.

The Mail may have got this totally wrong anyway.

What about the national interest?

Well done Mr Linacre.

Leaving aside the fact that Triesman wants his head and eyes testing, the poor owld sod's been set up in the most cynical way. From what I've read, he and the bint finished in 2008 (because "she felt bad that he was a married man") and then 20 months later she calls him out of the blue and arranges to meet him for a drink. She accidentally forgot to tell him that she'd be wearing a wire and have a Mail on Sunday photographer in tow in a car across the street!!!

The Mail targetted him because he's a labour politician - pure and simple. With the labour government gone, there would be little appetite for anti-labour sleeze in a few months so they had limited time to publish. The 2018 bid presentation last week gave them the prize moment.

The Mail is the ultimate in unscrupulous, tory-loving, two-faced bar stwewards. I'd applaud loudly if someone decided to burn the whole nest of maggots to the ground. With the doors locked from the outside.

Well done Gary I say.

Oh I know its in the mail so its a load of rubbish ..then why has Triesman resigned Jimmy.

Nice strawman there, did I say that the story wasn't true? In fact did I even question the accuracy of the mail at all?

No, you're just being dishonest in order to try and score a point on the internet, nice one.

Nice strawman there, did I say that the story wasn't true? In fact did I even question the accuracy of the mail at all?

No, you're just being dishonest in order to try and score a point on the internet, nice one.

Where does the dishonesty come in ?,Iv merely reported a story and made a comment on it ,Are you by any chance on something it may account for your outright insulting behaviour also the next post where you label me an idiot,you dont know me and yet on the basis of a factual report by me you are insulting ,I think your accusation of Idiot should be directed inwards,your very lucky you were not stood in my vicinity when you decided to direct uncalled for insults.

Score a point on the Internet ? tell me who am I scoring points against,some invisible force who may direct all internet traffic..leave the drugs alone they have addled your brain.

Archived