Liberal Democracy in action

What law is it that allows police to arrest people for taking photos of (and in one case painting) tourist landmarks?

Section 43 of something or other, it's meant to be anti-terrorist legislation but is just used to harass photographers.

They should also repeal the possession of information likely to be of use to a terrorist, that pretty much includes every library in the world, most science students book shelves, etc...

Yes it is true that they want to scrap I.D cards, as it is also true that they insist on everyone attending Nicks meeting to have photographic I.D

Requirements for meeting with Nick

"Due to security requirements you must bring photographic ID & your email confirmation ticket with you"

Libdem policy

"The Liberal Democrats, unlike the Conservatives, have always opposed the introduction of ID cards – for British citizens and for foreign nationals. We would scrap them immediately and spend the money putting more police on the street. The people of this country and our guests should not have to justify themselves to the State when going about their daily law-abiding business. "

Do you think that this is somehow contradictory?

I expect to prove who I am sometimes when I attend a ticketed event. I don't expect to have my details put in a massive national database in order to do that, I can use the various forms of photo ID that already exist.

Yes it is true that they want to scrap I.D cards, as it is also true that they insist on everyone attending Nicks meeting to have photographic I.D

Requirements for meeting with Nick

"Due to security requirements you must bring photographic ID & your email confirmation ticket with you"

Libdem policy

"The Liberal Democrats, unlike the Conservatives, have always opposed the introduction of ID cards – for British citizens and for foreign nationals. We would scrap them immediately and spend the money putting more police on the street. The people of this country and our guests should not have to justify themselves to the State when going about their daily law-abiding business. "

I see common sense still escapes your politically-biased rant. How odd.

Human rights laws for terrorists.

Human rights laws apply to humans, the clue is in the name.

Terrorist donkeys wouldn't be covered, terrorist humans would.

What is it precisely you want to do to the terrorist humans that the human rights laws stop us doing?

Section 43 of something or other, it's meant to be anti-terrorist legislation but is just used to harass photographers.

Bizarrely, building security guards seem to be able to call out police officers at the drop of a hat if somebody is taking photos of their building.

Perhaps our new government could consider that they should be charged with wasting police time and sent a bill for using the police as a private security service?

I saw that story as well, it does seem to be restricted to the Met now, the abuse of their anti terrorist powers, most of the other forces have heeded the 'advice' of the head of acpo and stopped harassing photographers without cause.

I'd like to see the removal of laws that allow business owners to declare bankruptcy leaving thousands owed money and then open up another business with a similar name with the same stock. Plus, I'd like to see either the end of limited liability or an amendment to the law which allows a claim on the company owners' property when the company goes tits up.

Can we have the same with politicians property?

I know business owners that have lost their house and everything that they own due to Labour but I'm guessing that you won't be keen on handing over your house as the chairman of the local Labour Party?

I'd like to see the removal of laws that allow business owners to declare bankruptcy leaving thousands owed money and then open up another business with a similar name with the same stock. Plus, I'd like to see either the end of limited liability or an amendment to the law which allows a claim on the company owners' property when the company goes tits up.

End limited liability and you destroy the stock market and investment in the UK. Who do you think would buy shares in a company if they could not just loose the investment they made, but could become liable for the debts that might be incurred. I don't think you really understood the affect of what you are suggesting.

Directors that declare bankruptcy for a company though should be immediately barred from directing any other company for a fixed time as they've obviously made mistakes.

Archived