Any decent thai resturants in sheffield

NT83

Apart from in the respect of food, which can be pretty important when eating out!

Obviously I was including 'food quality' among my key evaluation criteria Brian. Other important things are general ambience/feel, service, how much room there is around the tables (ie if some loud oaf is on the next table will it ruin your evening?), location, prices etc.

Carrot sculpture is another key measure and BT wins here as well.

Siam Inter Thai on London Road definitely. Ever since Bahn Nah in Broomhill had to close, which was my favourite place by far, Siam Inter is the best place for the friendly, welcoming atmosphere and great food that you should expect in a good Thai restaurant. Personally (and obviously this is only my opinion), Bahn Thai is too loud and echoing due to the size, and though I like the food, it just feels too large and loud a place and too impersonal an atmosphere, which is kind of the antithesis of anywhere you'd eat in Thailand. Probably good if you're in a larger group though.

But yeah, try Siam Inter Thai. I also reckon they're carrot whittling is second to none.

it just feels too large and loud a place and too impersonal an atmosphere, which is kind of the antithesis of anywhere you'd eat in Thailand.

Not too sure about this - there are plenty of very big restaurants in Thailand - especially in Bangkok. Gross generalisation - but the Thais often eat out in big groups.

I had a fantastic meal at Thai Punna on Saturday. The surroundings aren't as plush as Baan Thai but I found the food much better and the staff were excellent! I'll definitely be going back again:We had the vegetarian set menu.

Archived