The UK national debt clock

Basically you propose turning back the clock to the 19th Century? :suspect:

I'm sure that you noticed Funky, that my post wasn't 100% serious, however, I would love to get my teeth into the NHS budget, if I was in power. :)

I wonder if there are any figures for how much they would make from taxing drugs.

Judging by how much that is made from cigs and alc, I'd harbour a guess that it would be fairly substantial, and the saving to the justice system trying to counter some of the many completely [realistically] uncontrollable aspects to the industry, would increase that even more so.

Hi Ash,

Just having a nosey around SF and stumbled upon you.

Guess what, I'm moving back up to Sheff in August Hooray.

There's definately something in your last statement re free fruit. We should absolutely be planting fruit trees in proliforation. We have a perfect climate for it and a lot of areas to grow them. We should be lining roadsides, all schools should have their own orchard areas. Parks and playgrounds etc. It's crazy that we're not doing this aleady.

Well, I think I can guess who you are! :) Wonderful news that you are going to be a Sheffielder again. I'm quite positive that you will be much happier, and I look forward to catching up. :)

As for the trees, I'm up for that :hihi:. My neighbour has a tree that is clouding all of my afternoon sunlight, and as pretty as it is, and as much as I appreciate the CO2 it might be sucking up, no fruits fall from it! :rant::hihi:

Archived