What to do on a Saturday night

We've had a night out planned for this Saturday, but our original plan has fallen through so need to have a quick rethink of where to go.

There's usually 5 of us, all in our 30s/40s and can never agree on anywhere. Think we're too old for nightclubs, yet too young for Bingo or whist drives!

Last time we went down town and ended up in the Reflex bar, which was okay (although we were quite drunk), but full of people so wrecked they were chucking pints of lager at each other.

We're toying with the idea of a meal followed by a few drinks, and would quite like to try somewhere out of town for a change.

I'd welcome any ideas and feedback on what it's like on London Road or Woodseats. Please help, otherwise it'll be another Saturday night in watching Over the Rainbow :blush:

We've had a night out planned for this Saturday, but our original plan has fallen through so need to have a quick rethink of where to go.

There's usually 5 of us, all in our 30s/40s and can never agree on anywhere. Think we're too old for nightclubs, yet too young for Bingo or whist drives!

Last time we went down town and ended up in the Reflex bar, which was okay (although we were quite drunk), but full of people so wrecked they were chucking pints of lager at each other.

We're toying with the idea of a meal followed by a few drinks, and would quite like to try somewhere out of town for a change.

I'd welcome any ideas and feedback on what it's like on London Road or Woodseats. Please help, otherwise it'll be another Saturday night in watching Over the Rainbow :blush:

I think your first mistake was even contemplating Reflex...

Leopold Square is good on a Sat night and I think its open until about half 1. After that Crystal is open until 4 and isn't full of teenagers (I'm 28 and felt young last time I went in!).

Archived