Home Information Pack's (HIP's) suspended

Gone, finished, over. Just announced that HIP's are no more.

It's sad for the folk - hope owners, buyers, advisors - who were conned into paying to be a part of this crazy and utterly useless scheme but thankfully they are in the dustbin of history now.

Well the new government is scrapping HIPS with immediate effect, could they actually be serious when they say they want to get rid of some of the pointless red tape that smothers everything we try and do?!

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/construction_and_property/article7131575.ece

Not that I am buying a house but they were always a complete waste of time. Not so good for the poor suckers who paid to become HIPS providers!

I never thought that this had taken off anyway? I work in training, and recall loads of people clamouring for funding to become HIPS inspectors, but even 2 years ago the shine had worn off and people were buying and selling without HIPS...

Archived