Who Remembers the old Products

When I was at school in the 1960's Walkers used to make Oxo flavoured crisps - they were excellent. Walls ice cream used to make an ice cream similar to a cornetto but it was on a plastic stick and inside the ice cream attached to the stick were chess pieces.

Pint (500ml?) cans of Coca-Cola. Yes these really did exist at some point - 80s I think. Surely someone else can remember them?

You could also get 500 ml cans of lager shandy, bitter shandy and dandelion and burdock from (I think) Barrs.

When I was at school in the 1960's Walkers used to make Oxo flavoured crisps - they were excellent. Walls ice cream used to make an ice cream similar to a cornetto but it was on a plastic stick and inside the ice cream attached to the stick were chess pieces.

Those crisps I remember well :gag:, remember all the bags of crisps had little blue packets of salt in them ?

Are you sure that Walkers crisps were on sale in the 60's. I might be wrong and sorry if I am.

Are you sure that Walkers crisps were on sale in the 60's. I might be wrong and sorry if I am.
Walkers began to make crisps in 1948 according to the company history, but at first they were distributed only in the area around their Leicester base, and they only became a market leader from about the 1980s onwards.

I can assure you that Walkers crisps were definitely on sale in Sheffield when I was at Ecclesfield Grammar School because they used to sell them in the tuck shop. I left school in 1966. My husband also remembers them and he is the same age as me:cool:

There is a shop at Peak Village (through Chatsworth) that sells all kinds of 'old fashioned' sweets!! Wonderful going down memory lane remembering all the sweets we had as kids!!!!

No need to go out to Peak Village.

There is an excellent shop at the bottom of Duke Street that sells all rhe old fashioned sweets.

You are quite right there is a sweet shop there selling old fashioned sweets. Its Granellis - the ice cream makers on city road. My husband used to go to Granellis sweet shop to buy half pound of broken chocolate before going to the Park picture palace Saturday matinee.:D hi ho silver away give any clues as to what he used to watch along with Flash Gordon, Zorro and Batman

Walkers began to make crisps in 1948 according to the company history, but at first they were distributed only in the area around their Leicester base, and they only became a market leader from about the 1980s onwards.

I remember walkers crisps being 2p a packet in the mid 1970s, when the walkers snaps came out. I remember Snaps being 1p a packet

Archived