Ladies, its warmer weather, do you always use SPF in your face cream?

I generally stay out of the sun and don't use an SPF, mainly because I've had so many bad reactions to sunscreens in the past. I spent much of last summer with a facial rash which was bad enough that it needed steroids and that was brought on by a sunscreen.

I'm lucky with my skin genetically though because I don't have much in the way of wrinkles yet and I'll be 40 in the next few weeks. Maybe a lifetime of avoiding the sun has also played its part on keeping my skin smooth.

I use a moisturiser with an SPF all year round, however, that shan't protect you from the skin damage (therefore premature aging) that UVA causes. I've yet to see a normal moisturiser that has a UVA rating (like most sun creams do - the entire Boots Soltan range have a 5 star UVA rating) so sometimes I use a facial sun cream in place of a normal moisturiser, whatever the time of year.

Archived