Sainsburys buying Fletchers land to build new store - Wadsley Bridge

Sainsbury's submitted another planning application 13/02378/NMA for minor changes to the design including raising the ground level a metre but lowering the roof by the same amount, amending the car park layout and some pedestrian ramp a bit. This was approved 23/10/13.

Seems an odd set of changes for a supermarket that surely has a whole bag of cookie-cutter architectural designs lying around? Lowering the roof seems to fit with having the roof height no higher than X, but why raise the ground level a meter to need that? Is there a problem with the water-management on the site?

Seems an odd set of changes for a supermarket that surely has a whole bag of cookie-cutter architectural designs lying around? Lowering the roof seems to fit with having the roof height no higher than X, but why raise the ground level a meter to need that? Is there a problem with the water-management on the site?

There was an issue a few years ago, better safe than sorry

• 4 months later...
Has this started? Activity on site for the last few days.

I was going to post something similar.

I noticed a couple of guys with hard hats on site today, so hopefully this is finally starting to move.

Regards

Doom

• 2 weeks later...

The thread has been closed on this, which I find odd, as a lot of people will be affected by the building work.

I wanted to add a comment, so have created a new thread.

Have you noticed that the trees just after the roundabout near Hillsborough have been removed. Is this linked to the building work? It is very sD that nature is destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally doing groundworks and stuff. Seems to be a construction company called Barr...

If it's the Barr I'm thinking of, they're a Scottish company.

Bill Barr used to own the Ayr Scottish Eagles Ice Hockey team.

Regards

Doom