Sainsburys buying Fletchers land to build new store - Wadsley Bridge

I went in Tuesday, thought it was ok.

However, the 15 mins it took to get from the Kilner way entrance to the actual Sainbury's car park would put me off going again, unless entering from another direction is any quicker. This was at 12.15... not even rush hour.

City cars are rubbish and expensive. Why didn't they use Mercury who are local, cheaper and offer a much better service

City & Mercury charge exactly the same rate per mile

In fact after just checking, City are actually cheaper than Meecury

Edited by Blue Day

The council asked a question ...are traffic lights going to improve the flow of traffic? The answer was NO and so they installed traffic lights. I had no idea why there are traffic lights into Sainsburys car park. Does anyone know why they are there? i have been waiting for a red light to get in and out when no cars are there.

Between Archer road Sainsburys and Oughtibridge there are over 50 sets of traffic lights. Stopping 50 times if all on red. Council is obsessed with traffic lights

I'm pretty sure Sheffield doesn't need any more large supermarkets now. The odd smaller supermarket AKA Tesco Metro size and a couple more convenience store sized ones would be fine. Sooner or later all our spare land is just going to be filled with empty supermarket car parks and traffic lights if we keep up like this. In the last 2-3 years we have got 2 new Asda, 1 new Tesco, and 1 new Sainsburys. Plus at least 1 Morrison's and 1 Tesco have increased in size.