Sainsburys buying Fletchers land to build new store - Wadsley Bridge

Yet another irresponsible retailer selling beer below cost without accepting the responsibilities of their actions!!

Do we need this many supermarkets this side of the city.

400 jobs?where does the extra income come from for this supermarket? Does it mean less spent elsewhere so a loss of jobs?

I have recently found out that their is going to be an Information event "to give locals opportunity to see the proposals and find out how Sainsbury’s responded to community feedback from the pre-application consultation period."

"The event is being held on Wednesday, 9 March 20011 from 11am – 7.30pm at Hillsborough Arena, Middlewood Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield S6 4HA."

I have posted the details so that anyone can attend. I hear sainsbury's are looking for feedback on the planning application and our support or objections will be heard.

Personally i think it will cause a huge amount of traffic problems and have heard that even the highways agency are also very concerned about the traffic.

more pollution in a city that has well above the levels considered safe by experts,

an example: 'Statistics compiled from air quality surveys around Sheffield show the amount of nitrogen dioxide - a toxic gas produced by vehicle exhausts - is almost 50% higher in Broomhill than the level considered safe.'

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/radical_action_needed_to_curb_city_s_air_pollution_1_3138394

I like S/M's but we don't need more of them...

Just a reminder the consultation is today from 11am until half seven this evening.

Take the opportunity to pop along if you are interested or have an opinion on the development. This is your chance to have input into the process.

Oh great, do we need another supermarket selling bland crap.

I regularly shop in Hillsborough and the quality of food in Butchers and Bakers there is miles better than the rubbish in the Supermarkets, but I fear this will just lure more people away.

Also, congestion at Leppings Lane roundabout is going to be even worse with this.