Paris/channel tunnel/hotels

I am hoping to go to Paris in September using the channel tunnel! Never done this before. Anyone recommend a good hotel near to the Channel Tunnel. We would like a bit of luxury! Don't want to travel too far away from the Channel Tunnel (we might get lost) but near enough to go to Champs Elysee(sic)/eiffel tower/art galleries etc. Any advice/recommendations would be grateful

:huh: I thought the Channel Tunnel went to Paris!

The Channel Tunnel , known colloquially as the Chunnel, is a 50.5-kilometre (31.4 mi) undersea rail tunnel linking Folkestone, Kent near Dover in the United Kingdom with Coquelles, Pas-de-Calais near Calais in northern France beneath the English Channel at the Strait of Dover.

However the trains that use the Channel Tunnel do continue to the Gare du Nord in Paris, which I think is what you mean.

Oh dear, i'm confused now! I thought we would catch the Eurostar to Paris, then find a hotel. I'm a bit mixed up aren't I lol.

The trains use the Channel Tunnel to get to Northern France. They then continue overland for the remaining 120 miles.

The tunnel doesnt extend to Paris itself.

Therefore you need a hotel near the Gare du Nord, where the train terminates.

The trains use the Channel Tunnel to get to Northern France. They then continue overland for the remaining 120 miles.

The tunnel doesnt extend to Paris itself.

Therefore you need a hotel near the Gare du Nord, where the train terminates.

Yes, you can get a reasonable rate in hotels near the Gare du Nord, but bear in mind that around there it's a bit of a red light area.

Don't be confused chocki- damo is just being an arse and taking the mickey because you (correctly so) didn't type in EXACTLY what you ment. There are alot of people like that on SF- ignore them.

I would look at tripadvisor.com and see what people say, i have found it to be a really useful tool when booking hotels.

Archived