Paris/channel tunnel/hotels

Don't be confused chocki- damo is just being an arse and taking the mickey because you (correctly so) didn't type in EXACTLY what you ment. There are alot of people like that on SF- ignore them.

I would look at tripadvisor.com and see what people say, i have found it to be a really useful tool when booking hotels.

Fair enough.

I am hoping to go to Paris in September using the channel tunnel! Never done this before. Anyone recommend a good hotel near to the Channel Tunnel. We would like a bit of luxury! Don't want to travel too far away from the Channel Tunnel (we might get lost) but near enough to go to Champs Elysee(sic)/eiffel tower/art galleries etc. Any advice/recommendations would be grateful

Use the metro to get round Paris - myself I wouldn't stay too long in the Gare du Nord area.

Novotel are usually good quality for the chains.

hi we have just done this trip 1st class on euro star to gard de nord it is an excellant service. you can buy a 3 or 5 day pass for the metro/sncf and buses around paris they are all very easy to use, you will find hotels a bit cheaper in other areas of paris, and it is very easy to get around, lots of metro stations all over, bear in mind their 4 star is only equivalent to a british 2 or 3 star

hi we have just done this trip 1st class on euro star to gard de nord it is an excellant service. you can buy a 3 or 5 day pass for the metro/sncf and buses around paris they are all very easy to use, you will find hotels a bit cheaper in other areas of paris, and it is very easy to get around, lots of metro stations all over, bear in mind their 4 star is only equivalent to a british 2 or 3 star

:thumbsup: thank you very much for your comments/information

• 1 year later...

Archived