Woodseats Social Club

• 8 months later...

In the early eighties, before everyone owned a video player, Tuesday nights were 'Film Nights', where they'd show a movie on the big screen they set up on the stage. It were like going to a D.I.Y. cinema... with beer! Of course there was always an intermission, for the bingo & a slash.

• 1 month later...
Anyone have stories about characters and times in this club

are you asking about woodseats wmc on the dale or the social club woodseats rd.my brother in law was a regular at the social club and the smitywood and i think on their fishing teams.sadly he died suddenly 20 yrs ago.but a very popular and likeable bloke.

Yes it was the club on Woodseats road, it would seem some of these replies relate to the Dale club. I played billiards and snooker for the social club and fished in the Norton Winter league. What did they call your brother

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

remember dog being made a member. some members not very happy so one afternoon dennis oldfield caught two pidgeons and took them in to be made members but they were refused membership so he let them loose in the snooker room. and yes they did all over the tables.

Archived