Woodseats Social Club

remember dog being made a member. some members not very happy so one afternoon dennis oldfield caught two pidgeons and took them in to be made members but they were refused membership so he let them loose in the snooker room. and yes they did all over the tables.

:hihi: oh dear :D

• 1 year later...

I remember reg and his dog dillen. I was a glass collector there every Sunday afternoon. Told reg used to keep trying to get me to go on a date with a lass called joann I eventually did go out with the lass for 3 months lol I should have married her she was a keeper unlike the other fruitcakes I ended up with. Lol back to reg u used to go see him on his allotment he had chickens geese and a few ducks I beleave. Good times and you lot were all good decent people feel free to get in touch if u remember be. Ime Margaret Saunders son

It's so very sad to see yet another little club go, they are part of our heritage!!! We all need to try our best to keep these little gems alive, it's a struggle for the licensed trade with supemarkets selling cheap beers and wines. It'd be devastating to see any more local clubs close.

I can remember going in there with my Grandma and Grandad. He used to like going in the small centre room for a pint.

When my grandma went it was room to the left. She used to have a miniature of rum with a pep(ppermint).

They used to call it the little club. Presumably to differentiate it from the Dale and the Smithywood.

It had a small red membership card.

remember dog being made a member. some members not very happy so one afternoon dennis oldfield caught two pidgeons and took them in to be made members but they were refused membership so he let them loose in the snooker room. and yes they did all over the tables.

i remember that !! :)

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 02:32 ----------

It's so very sad to see yet another little club go, they are part of our heritage!!! We all need to try our best to keep these little gems alive, it's a struggle for the licensed trade with supemarkets selling cheap beers and wines. It'd be devastating to see any more local clubs close.

sad to here its going so many memories at least i wont loose them if there in my head some things cant be forgot

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 02:34 ----------

the club has now been pulled down and flats are going to be built on it

cant see on google earth yet its still the club according to them .... think they need to update

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 02:37 ----------

I remember reg and his dog dillen. I was a glass collector there every Sunday afternoon. Told reg used to keep trying to get me to go on a date with a lass called joann I eventually did go out with the lass for 3 months lol I should have married her she was a keeper unlike the other fruitcakes I ended up with. Lol back to reg u used to go see him on his allotment he had chickens geese and a few ducks I beleave. Good times and you lot were all good decent people feel free to get in touch if u remember be. Ime Margaret Saunders son

the name rings a bell but cant remember i used to come up and see him after i moved to manchester at least evrey 3 weeks do you no my dad peter

Archived