Got An England Flag (or two) For Your Car?

If so, then can I unreservedly say how crap it looks.

I appreciate my comments might not be popular, but I honestly think they look naff. There's something plastic about the way folk have attached them to their Vauxhalls and Fords, a kind of forced 'I'll support England at least until they're knocked out by some minor team in the second round.'

What it really says is: 'Look, it's a great excuse to skip work, get the ale in and get ratted and make a lot of noise' no matter who we're watching.

In which case, wouldn't their cars look better donning flags with Tesco, Carling or Stella imprinted on them?

have you nothing better 2 do that slate the england team and flag:huh:

You totally miss my point.

I have no problem with the England team (other than it will let me down) and the flag.

If anything, the flag deserves to be treated a bit better than this, a once every two to four years' airing flown from car windows?

Then shoved away till next time when we inevitably lose at the most important time.

You totally miss my point.

I have no problem with the England team (other than it will let me down) and the flag.

If anything, the flag deserves to be treated a bit better than this, a once every two to four years' airing flown from car windows?

Then shoved away till next time when we lose to some non-entity outfit.

In a way i do get your point Ouse some of them do look naff, but who wants to pay loads a money for a top of the range flag, if there as you say gonna get knocked out in the 2nd round lol :hihi:

Only one person should have a flag on their car, and that's the Queen.

I like the flags personally - they give me prior warning that the driver will be a moron so i take more care when near them.

How about suggesting something that would suit your standards....

But Sir, I just have.

Let's have flags emblazoned with what the World Cup is truly about: getting as much beer down our necks as quickly as possible.

Hence, Stella, Carling, Thresher's (do they still exist?), Gordon's Gin or whatever.

See, if we win we celebrate, if we lose we drown our sorrows.

The football, like Christmas, is just an excuse.

In fact, come to think of it, the flag does serve a purpose. It say's 'Officer, you might as well breathalyse me; I was at it all day yesterday watching England lose.'

Anyway, I shan't be watching any of it. Not while GOLD are showing repeats of George And Mildred. Now that's worth getting the old St George out for.

Archived