Got An England Flag (or two) For Your Car?

If so, then can I unreservedly say how crap it looks.

I appreciate my comments might not be popular, but I honestly think they look naff. There's something plastic about the way folk have attached them to their Vauxhalls and Fords, a kind of forced 'I'll support England at least until they're knocked out by some minor team in the second round.'

What it really says is: 'Look, it's a great excuse to skip work, get the ale in and get ratted and make a lot of noise' no matter who we're watching.

In which case, wouldn't their cars look better donning flags with Tesco, Carling or Stella imprinted on them?

So people love to get into the spirit of things, they love a good old excuse to have a party, bbq, get pished and wave their countries flag. Why would that bother you so much? Is your life that empty that you allow it to get filled up with bitterness about some people enjoying themseves just because you think its chavvy?

Perhaps you need to have a good old knees up, get pished wi some mates in a pub, paint ur face red n white n have a laugh!!! Might losen your crotch area up a bit! :hihi::hihi:

For the record, actors and musicians get out what they put in.

Lady GaGa... good singer, good music - loads of records sold, loads of money.

Exactly like football players.

I really don't want to keep going off on a tangent, but........don't be silly!

I will not have a flag on my car but so what if other people do,its their car their bussiness.

But I will be flying the flag outside my home.

See?

That's how you do it.

Make sure it's the right way though, wontcha?

So people love to get into the spirit of things, they love a good old excuse to have a party, bbq, get pished and wave their countries flag. Why would that bother you so much? Is your life that empty that you allow it to get filled up with bitterness about some people enjoying themseves just because you think its chavvy?

Perhaps you need to have a good old knees up, get pished wi some mates in a pub, paint ur face red n white n have a laugh!!! Might losen your crotch area up a bit! :hihi::hihi:

If you only knew how far wrong you are!

My post is supposed to be quite light-hearted BECAUSE I am the very type of person who will watch the World Cup, will go to the pub, will drink way too much and will probably make too much noise.

This is my main point: I do not need a flag flying off my car to show my support. I wrote on this thread that it's another good excuse for getting the ale in and I fully support that idea...

...more than I do watching the World Cup if truth be known.

So, get the beers in, get the footy on and let's get hammered.

But flags on cars (and note, not in gardens) look crap!

If you only knew how far wrong you are!

My post is supposed to be quite light-hearted BECAUSE I am the very type of person who will watch the World Cup, will go to the pub, will drink way too much and will probably make too much noise.

This is my main point: I do not need a flag flying off my car to show my support. I wrote on this thread that it's another good excuse for getting the ale in and I fully support that idea...

...more than I do watching the World Cup if truth be known.

So, get the beers in, get the footy on and let's get hammered.

But flags on cars (and note, not in gardens) look crap!

Amen, brother! :thumbsup:

It's only certain types that have these tacky flags. People with no sense of style and who don't mind being thought of as common.
hahahahaha! They're common? How old are you? Does anyone other than a lower working class woman aged over 70 actually use that word as a description?

I'm sure we're all very impressed by your impeccable sense of style and good taste, but you can drop the pretence, we all know the truth now. :hihi:

Common! :rolleyes:

Archived