Would like to meet

Have you seen the above titled show?

I looked at it yesterday [22/10] and the team took this girl to the bar and to some other place and her challenge was to go up to guys and speak to them etc

Guys: What do you think of a chick who approaches you in the bar? Do you think..."wooo this could be my future wife of do you think phwoar this bird is well up for it?"

Dolls: Do you do this? Is this 'acceptable' behaviour

I ask because I need to practice my 'pulling' etiquette HAHAHAHAHA

Seriously....what do you think

I am very bad at making the first move on a girl I fancy, but once I've started it's a lot easier, so I would welcome anyone who came up to speak to me first!!! I've always thought (in this age of supposed 'equality') that the pressure on the bloke to start the conversation is a bit outdated... :D

Originally posted by Agent Dan

I am very bad at making the first move on a girl I fancy, but once I've started it's a lot easier, so I would welcome anyone who came up to speak to me first!!! I've always thought (in this age of supposed 'equality') that the pressure on the bloke to start the conversation is a bit outdated... :D

In the old days it was taboo for a woman to speak to a man first but now anything goes, A woman who spoke to a man first was regarded as a loose woman (prostitute) but now there is no difference. How I long for the days when a woman was respected and treat as a lady but now no one respects them (what a come down!!!)

Originally posted by halevan

In the old days it was taboo for a woman to speak to a man first but now anything goes, A woman who spoke to a man first was regarded as a loose woman (prostitute) but now there is no difference. How I long for the days when a woman was respected and treat as a lady but now no one respects them (what a come down!!!)

I think that's an awful and totally unfair genralisation Hal.

I'm terrible at speaking to women, I don't think I could ever make the first move. Unfortunately this makes me a boring person and women don't generally want to get to know me. This is a shame really because I'm a nice guy and would never intentionally hurt anyone.

Still, mustn't grumble hey? :)

Are you all really that sad (not nasty sad...) :(

You can't be really.

It's more difficult for girls to go in pub / club on their own than for blokes, and even more difficult to go 'chat' someone up. ANyway you shouldn't be chatting people uop - but just chatting with them.... shouldn't be desperately seeking a partner or the time, or you probably would scare people off anyway.

And if you all think you're shy and sad - then you're probably projecting that.

Go enjoy yourself, and if you chat with someone nice / interesting all the better.

I'm sure nobody is completely boring - we all just dig different things.

I understand what you are saying hiya. I think chatting up people and the near desperation perpetuated in that show is a bit much. But i guess their defence would be that they are teaching the shy person to 'chat to' someone. But with shows like this, wouldnt guys think that any woman chatting to them is really chatting them up?

Archived