DPB Express Courier Company

My OH got a call from his mum earlier, who has lived in the same house for about 20 years, and he's not lived there for 12 years.

She had received a letter for him, in a properly addressed envelope, with a stamp and postmark, and inside it was a card from DPB Express saying that they had tried to deliver a parcel but there was nobody home (how can they know this if the note was sent through the post?).

He's not ordered anything to be delivered here, let alone there (she lives in Essex) and doesn't know of anybody trying to send him anything. (most people know that he doesn't live there anymore).

We're just a bit curious as the delivery note thingy had nothing but a mobile number on it, and the DPB Express name, and I've tried to google it but there is nothing found.

Anybody had any dealings with this firm? Is it likely to be one of these that you call and they charge you £10 to redeliver it, and then take your card details and spend all your cash??

Any ideas??

It may be a debt recovery company for some long forgotten debt. They try these tricks to get you to contact them and then drop it on you. My bro had a similar thing done to him and when he rung up it was for a 10 yr old mobile phone bill.

It may be a debt recovery company for some long forgotten debt. They try these tricks to get you to contact them and then drop it on you. My bro had a similar thing done to him and when he rung up it was for a 10 yr old mobile phone bill.

I must admit I did wonder that, he's hardly got a squeeky clean credit history!!

I must admit I did wonder that, he's hardly got a squeeky clean credit history!!

If thats the case then it most certainly will be a debt recovery agency. Just ignore it and tell his mum not to phone the number either or they will hound her to find out where he has moved to.

If thats the case then it most certainly will be a debt recovery agency. Just ignore it and tell his mum not to phone the number either or they will hound her to find out where he has moved to.

well they've not done a very good job of disguising themselves!! Bit daft to send it in a stamped envelope and leave nothing but a mobile number!

Silly beggars!

Archived