If you are a Catholic churchgoer ..

I am a non church goer and I object to the wider cost of the 50 million pound towards the visit being footed by the British tax payer when we are being told we are going to all have to tighten our belts. Like any club the people that use it should PAY for it.

Thats good then.:hihi:

It would be good if he took steps to stamp it out. In my church the minister would be dismissed and if a criminal offence had been committed the police would be informed and the matter left with them, if no criminal offence had been committed then the matter would be dealt with internally and if he had broken the rules of the church, which are stricter than the law he would still be dismissed. Mind you I think priests should be married, they should be chaperoned, partly for their own protection, and there shouldn't be any unmarried clergy. Just my opinion though.

As far as the public paying for the Popes visit goes, if the pastor of my daughters church is invited to Africa as he sometimes is then he goes at his own expense perhaps with some help from the church who invite him, although the only money they have is gifts from the congregation and they are best keeping what they have for use in their own community.

Mind you I think priests should be married, they should be chaperoned, partly for their own protection, and there shouldn't be any unmarried clergy. Just my opinion though.

Married and chaperoned, or chaperoned by their spouse?

What if someone wants to be a priest before they've met 'the one'? Do they have to wait?

As far as the public paying for the Popes visit goes, if the pastor of my daughters church is invited to Africa as he sometimes is then he goes at his own expense perhaps with some help from the church who invite him, although the only money they have is gifts from the congregation and they are best keeping what they have for use in their own community.

Yay! We agree on something - I knew there must be something :-)

So who has been and did you donate? I missed the morning service as I have a house-full of atheists but am hoping to get along to an evening service. I haven't really done this before. Do I need to ask for a receipt or will they just give me one on the way out? Is it giftaided?

Archived