Do you wash your face with shower gel

Im trying to cut costs a bit. I use wipes at night for quickness then cleanse or wash my face in the mornings but a friend said you can just use your shower gel to wash your face. Is this ok and if not what do you use on your face in a morning when you use wipes at night?

Just buy a bar of soap. It's cheaper than shower gel and lasts a lot longer.

Shower gel is the supermarkets selling you water again, one of their favourite tricks. They like to sell you water as it costs them nothing, so they dilute soap with water, brand it as shower gel and sell it to you for a lot more than a bar of soap would cost.

yeah just get a cheap 20p bar of soap and use that for everything - hair, face, body, hands. Far cheaper. if you get dry skin buy a big tub of aqueous cream for about £1.99. you can run a bit through your hair int he shower as conditoner, use it on your legs before you shower as leg shave lubricant, and the soap does the rest. No need for other stff except it smells nice and feels posher.

Never use soap or anything like it on your face! And only use shower gel with moisturisers in it. Soap and stuff takes all the natural oils out of your skin, leading to dry skin and wrinkles.

I suppose it's not too bad for men because they have thicker, tougher skin so it doesn't have such a bad effect on them.

When we were living through the austerity of the 50s my parents used to put all the end bits of soap in a jar with some water. Eventually it all "gelled" into a thick gunk which you could then use as liquid soap.

Archived