Do you wash your face with shower gel

Yes, ruby's right, women's skin is much more delicate than mens.

You shouldn't wash your face with shower gel & soap is even worse! It's designed for your body; the skin on your face has a fine balance of oils which are easily stripped off if you aren't careful what you use.

If you're stripped for cash there's other stuff in the cupboard you can use. I highly recommend the OCM (oil cleansing method); the only things you need are olive oil, water and a flannel, it's excellent for all skin types.

The result of using soap on your face will start to show when you get into your 40's.

It's too late to do anything about it then..................

yeah just get a cheap 20p bar of soap and use that for everything - hair, face, body, hands. Far cheaper. if you get dry skin buy a big tub of aqueous cream for about £1.99. you can run a bit through your hair int he shower as conditoner, use it on your legs before you shower as leg shave lubricant, and the soap does the rest. No need for other stff except it smells nice and feels posher.

couldn,t have put it better.

The result of using soap on your face will start to show when you get into your 40's.

Surely it depends on what sort of skin you have? Mine is typical combination - normal at the sides and a strip of slightly greasy in the middle. I've always used soap, no moisturisers or anything, I'm 58 and don't look like Mother Theresa and don't have too many spots!!

My late partner had very dry skin - she couldn't use soap (she used an Estee Lauder washing bar for years) and her skin soaked up face cream like a sponge. If she didn't pile on moisturising cream morning and night, her skin tightened up and actually hurt.

Im trying to cut costs a bit. I use wipes at night for quickness then cleanse or wash my face in the mornings but a friend said you can just use your shower gel to wash your face. Is this ok and if not what do you use on your face in a morning when you use wipes at night?

I just use Simple wipes (I think half the country does - they're very popular) and it seems to work fine. Cut them in two to make them last twice as long and sometimes they are on 2 for 1 offers so I stock up then.

I think you can get cheaper wipes, haven't tried them but might be worth a look? :)

Not sure I'd need anything though if I stopped wearing the eye-makeup I do at the moment. Went to a festival last year and was without make-up the whole time, just used water (no shower gel or anything) and my face was fine. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that less is definitely more when it comes to skincare - drink water, eat fruit and oily fish often, get enough sleep, and that seems to be the ticket. Otherwise you're caught in this trap of removing oil/putting oil on where you're constantly balancing products out, which isn't really that helpful :(.

Is this topic a joke ?

I would wash in slug slime if it kept me clean. Whats wrong with shower gel ? and why would it not occure to someone that it be ok ?

Are you royalty ? :D

What's your problem here? :loopy:

The OP asked a genuine question and people have responded. Are you implying that those who have a skincare routine that takes more time or is different to yours are wrong in some way? Are we all meant to bloody well applaud you because you are too cool to care or something? :rolleyes:

I don't think myself superior to other people who spend more OR less time/products on their appearance. Do you? :confused:

A bar of soap I think you'll find is the cheapest.

But I wash with a home made solution of castile soap, coal tar from india, selenium, tea tree oil and neem oil again from india.

It kills all, smels nice, conditions both skin and hair and repells all bugs.

Cost is about a pound a month, but oulay is about 50 to start.

Bet ya smell real purdy hun. :love:

Bar of soap for mi backside.....just to be sure like.

Then I use handwash for everything else.

Take the time to read the ingrediants...there's little difference between handwash and shower gell.....except for the price.

Handwash is half the price.

You shouldn't use wipes on your face as they contain harsh chemicals and can make your face patchy with grease and dry parts I only use lush stuff and their shower gel is lovely on my face particularly flying fox with loads of honey and jasmine its lovely. I also cleanse and use the occassional toner or face mask aswell. I would never use soap - too drying.

Actually the quality of your skin has much more to do with how much fruit and vegetables you eat, the amount of water you drink, whether you smoke and how much sleep you get. Whether you use soap or showergel is a non issue. But don't let science get in the way of anything :hihi:

Archived