Does anyone else have problems with BT?

They have said if i write to them about my bank charge they will deduct it from my next bill but if i get charged another £25 from my bank due to their fault i CANNOT afford to pay the £50 and dont see why i should have to as its their fault.[/quote]

I had a similar problem with BT, although it was my fault I didn't have enough funds in the bank to cover the direct debit when due. I incurred a bank charge for the direct debit not being honoured, which I rightly accepted. I paid BT by debit card the day after and they said they would cancel the direct debit recall which would have been due 7 days later.

They didn't cancel the re-call and applied to the bank again, as I wasn't expecting the direct debit to be taken it wasn't honoured again (I use one account for direct debits and another for everything else).

I expected a charge again, but no charge was made, when I questioned this with my bank they said that a failed recall is not charged a fee as the initial failed direct debit had been charged.

Don't know if this is the same with all banks though.

I used to get monthly bills and paid by direct debit, about £40p.m, more than adaquate. I then got a bill for£240,questioned BT ,there were landline calls to Turkey,Cmbridge, Scotland, all over the place. Also calls to sex chat lines for men,0800,0900,. As a 70 yr old female pensioner,this was ridiculous, I live alone so no one else had used phone..They had my name wrong,all that was correct on bill was my number and adress,however BT were adamant that it was correct.I refused to pay,they cut my phone off, then I got a bill 2 months later for £380, then another for £600, after my phone had been disconnected!.Wrote to BT to find out what was going on but they stuck to their guns ,so I begged them to take me to court, so I could show them up, 4yrs later I have not paid,have not been contacted,nor been taken to court

Archived