Where to watch the World Cup 2010 in Sheffield? Megathread

martyn28

Was in the Rawson Spring on Saturday night for Englands game, was brilliant, great atmosphere and could easily get served even though it was packed (great thing about having a giant bar).

They also had 5 bottles of lager for £7, we got them in an bucket with ice.

27ft screen wasn't bad either!

:)

Might have to pay you guys a visit then! Haven't been in for a while and it'll be nice to get back to paying reasonable prices for beer after my recent expedition to the capital!

Excellent. We also serve complimentary snacks at half time too, if you're feeling peckish! Chicken legs, pizza, garlic bread and cheeses went down very well on Saturday! :)

I can heartily recommend Henry's. Watched Argentina-Nigeria on Saturday. Plenty of seats near the big telly and a fantastic selection of reasonably priced real ale.

Friendly staff as well

Thank you Mr Bates! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

id like to book an area or booth to watch the match on friday. common rooms booths have been booked up for months, which would have been perfect.

anyone know any good places in town with a big screen and good atmosphere, like common room/forum type bars?

World Cup at The Wick at Both Ends

We can’t compete in the Big Screen and HD war, so we’ve decided to switch tactics and go hell for leather on comfort and quality.

We’ll have a TV in every seating area, table service, some cracking drinks offers and a special football friendly food menu.

We will show every England match with volume, and if you are interested in other matches, watch away with the volume off.

If you want to guarantee a table for your group, give us a call on 0114 2723039

Maximum big ups to the Wick - just booked myself a table for this Friday's match :)

Went to the Banner Cross (Eccy Road) which was actually rather good (apart from my chum getting "lost" :confused: on the way but he is very lovable so I forgave him) with a nice mix of people (studentish types and local old men types and pretty girl types).

(Obviously Robert Green and HD TV ruined the whole experience for us, but the location was good).

There was a BBQ so I paid £2.50 for a cheeseburger.

Think I/we might try the Showroom for Friday. I don't think they are showing it on one of the cinema screens but in the cafe bar bit.

Archived