Where to watch the World Cup 2010 in Sheffield? Megathread

martyn28

Cant beat the Leadmill for atmosphere and cheap beer! 14 Screens (4 big ones), mega cheap beer (4 bottles for A Fiver), Free Entry, Plus you can have your picture taken with THE WORLD CUP!!!!! And FREE ENTRY to any club night after the football

PLUG on Saturday was immense! the screen was ridiculous and the pints were only £2!

there was even pyrotechnics when England scored, free England facepaint and a 3 piece band doing all the footy chants, a bbq and a huge outdoor patio, and that guy of hallam fm

and it was FREE ENTRY!

now THAT is atmosphere!

PLUG on Saturday was immense! the screen was ridiculous and the pints were only £2!

there was even pyrotechnics when England scored, free England facepaint and a 3 piece band doing all the footy chants, a bbq and a huge outdoor patio, and that guy of hallam fm

and it was FREE ENTRY!

now THAT is atmosphere!

That sounds like hell on earth. It sounds like when someone tells you YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN and you know you won't.

Hi!

We here at Lava Lounge are showing every 19.30 kick off and all England games regardless of kick-off time.

There'll be free entry (as always) and we're offering customers the opportunity to reserve seats to ensure that they are comfortable for the entirety of the game - anyone who has made a reservations will also receive table service.

Furthermore, we've teamed up with Hui Wei and are offering customers the chance to order food from Hui Wei to eat in the bar during half-time or full-time (all orders must be made prior to kick off). We have a large variety of set menus available, priced at no more than £6.95 for a starter and main course!!

Anyone who reserves and watches all the England group games with us will receive a bucket of Carlsberg for a second round game of their choice. Reservations can be made by emailing events@lavalounge.biz

Add to that the fact that we've got bottles of Carlsberg for only £2.00 and it all boils down to a lovely location for the ultimate World Cup experience.

See you there!

this is a good suggestion.. I will tell my father about this. :D

Thanks

Ah, cool, lots of suggestions. Not sure what I fancy yet, but managed to get the night off work, and intend to not sit at home, like last game, watching it with no beer, as working later! :mad:

Given that this, so far, is the worst world cup ever!, one needs, company, beer, atmosphere, and results! :).

Ah, cool, lots of suggestions. Not sure what I fancy yet, but managed to get the night off work, and intend to not sit at home, like last game, watching it with no beer, as working later! :mad:

Given that this, so far, is the worst world cup ever!, one needs, company, beer, atmosphere, and results! :).

I'd settle for the results! :|

Any more reports on places? :) "My front room" is nice to know but not that helpful for those of us without a TV unless it comes with an invitation.

O2 ACADEMY

World Cup Screenings - Free Entry

England vs. Algeria - Fri 18 Jun (KO 19.30)

Slovenia vs. England - Wed 23 Jun (KO 15.30)

O2 Academy invites you to cheer on England in their remaining group matches as we power on into the knockout stage!

All England games will be projected live on our big screen, with commentary through a state of the art soundsystem. Best of all, entry is completely FREE, and pints of Carlsberg and VK bottles are only £2.

Doors are at 5.30pm (O2 Academy Leeds 5pm). Get down early to guarantee entry.

Archived