Mablethorpe - what's it like these days?

We are thinking of going to Haven Golden Sands next weekend ( Mainly because everywhere else we wanted to go to is booked up ). What's Mablethorpe like these days? I last went there in 1973-74 when I was a kid and some people say it hasn't changed much since then! Am I going to find the same helter skelter and Cardew Robinson doing the summer season at the Links Theatre, or will it be full of chavs that can't afford Skeggy??

We are thinking of going to Haven Golden Sands next weekend ( Mainly because everywhere else we wanted to go to is booked up ). What's Mablethorpe like these days? I last went there in 1973-74 when I was a kid and some people say it hasn't changed much since then! Am I going to find the same helter skelter and Cardew Robinson doing the summer season at the Links Theatre, or will it be full of chavs that can't afford Skeggy??

I haven't been for a few years but used to take my kids two or three times a year when they were smaller. Wasn't much different from when I was a kid back in the early 60's - great beach, sand train, donkey rides.

been a few times with kids golden sands is excellnt for the kids .fantasic entertainment ...and when you go in mablethorpe its self its a lot cheaper than most places .....

Mablethorpe is an old style resort, in fact I was in Sutton last week and love the clean beaches and fantastic prom which goes on for miles.

I can't be doing with Haven but if you have young children and the weather is good Mablethorpe is a dream. Queen's Park is great with it's paddling pool, boating lake, kiddie rides. The Seal Sanctuary up the North End is well worth a visit, via the beach train,of course. Alford is nearby if you fancy visiting a working windmill.

Skegness is only about 18 miles away, with Eastgate Market and it's funfair in between.

Enjoy.

we had a caravan at mablethorpe from 1975 to 1982, we went most weekends, even had christmas and new year there. had some brilliant times and made some good freinds. I went back last year and was suprised to see it hasn,t changed much. theres plenty to keep the kids busy, indoors and outdoors, and it wont cost a fortune.

Mablethorpe is absolutely dire ...it need dragging into the 20th century, never mind the 21st. Apart from the beach there is nothing else going for it. We called past last weekend, but soon got back in the car and went.

Archived