Clegg refuses to rule out long term deal with Tories-End of Libdems?

I think he saying that every man has his price.

And we now know his price

Well I doubt there would be a financial gain, certainly as far as salaries go, but what else would Clegg gain? He's gained bugger all really.

Again though, I'll ask Titanic to answer my question.

And you voted for?

People should be more careful about what they wish for.

it doesn't really matter who i voted for

given the results of the election, the coalition is the only option which stands a chance of providing a stable government

given the results of the election, the coalition is the only option which stands a chance of providing a stable government

The outcome showed that despite what people think about the labour party the Conservative party still couldn’t gain enough backing to go it alone.

deputising for the leader at pmq's - that isn't going to be needed for 5 years

You have more confidence than others. :hihi:

YOU BET COALITION WON’T LAST A YEAR

WILLIAM HILL are offering odds of 2/1 that the Tory-Lib coalition will collapse before its first anniversary on May 11, 2011. ‘Political punters seem to be taking a pessimistic view of the coalition’s chances of long term survival and we have taken more money for it to fail to reach its first anniversary intact than to survive that long’ said Hill’s spokesman Graham Sharpe.

COALITION STILL IN PLACE ON MAY 11,2011 - 4/11 Yes; 2/1 No,

The outcome showed that despite what people think about the labour party the Conservative party still couldn’t gain enough backing to go it alone.

indeed, and as a result the conservative-lib dem coalition was the only alternative which could produce a stable long term government

i may be being optimistic about the longevity of the coalition, but at the minute its the only game in town. if it collapses then there is no alternative stable government in the current parliament, so we'd probably end up with a general election which none of the parties and the country can afford, and there is no real guarantee that the result would be much different

so we'd probably end up with a general election which none of the parties and the country can afford, and there is no real guarantee that the result would be much different

So in the meantime we have an “unlikely” coalition, little wonder the bookies are taking all the bets.

This is true, but it's not true because of what the public thought; it's true because of the skewed sizes of constituencies. If all constituencies were equal in size the Tories would have had a majority of about thirty.

If ............. Such a little word.

If the biggest hole in my argument you can find is to point out that the word "if" has only two letters, then everyone will know that you're admitting the truth of it.

Thankfully, a boundary commission is going to realign constituencies before the next election, so it will be played out on a rather more level playing field.

Archived