Clegg refuses to rule out long term deal with Tories-End of Libdems?

Education spending is likely to be slashed, don't think that was a policy of yours

Nothing is a policy of mine. I'm not a Liberal Democrat. I'm not a politician of any breed.

A fuller list of what they kept, what they adapted, and what they lost can be found here.

Oh I see it's a conspiracy involving Andrew Marr, the BBC and in fact the whole of the media (including the Lib Dem loving Mail) and Sheffield Forum :loopy:

A conspiracy is the only explanation why you and you alone have seen this interview as the death knell of the Liberal Democrats.

It couldn't possibly be that your brain curdling hatred of Nick Clegg and the Lib Dems for "betraying" you by doing exactly what they said they'd do has caused you to see what you want to see in the interview rather than what's really there now could it :roll:

Not at all I offered an explanation and you the opportunity to express your viewpoint.

I also politely point out that I entitled this thread "Clegg refuses to rule out long term deal with Tories" which I'm sure you will concede is accurate.

I'm not sure how you've made the leap from what I posted to "brain curdling hated of Nick Clegg"

I will also point out again quite politely that I've never claimed at any point that the Libdems have betrayed me, I have claimed all along (and before the election) that I liked some of their policies and I nearly voted for them. I didn't so my only claims of people being betrayed are for those who did vote for them with the belief that they would stick to their policies, and particularly those who campaigned on those policies.

Those are the people who can legitimately feel betrayed.

Those are the people who can legitimately feel betrayed.

Only if they're mad enough to think that not being in power and having no policies at all implemented, is better than joining a coalition and getting some of them through.

So far, about the only person on the entire forum who is making that argument is you...

Nothing is a policy of mine. I'm not a Liberal Democrat. I'm not a politician of any breed.

A fuller list of what they kept, what they adapted, and what they lost can be found here.

Apart from the £10,000 tax changes there's nothing in there different to what you put and whilst I concede that this was a Libdem policy I refuse to concede that it is designed to benefit the poor as it doesn't.

It benefits those people just above benefit levels, but for poor people it is of little significant benefit as they lose Benefits in other areas as a consequence of getting this.

Only if they're mad enough to think that not being in power and having no policies at all implemented, is better than joining a coalition and getting some of them through.

So far, about the only person on the entire forum who is making that argument is you...

The alternative would have been to bring the Government down forcing another election, they would have then been in a much better position to negotiate their policies with other parties before going back to the electorate.

Apart from the £10,000 tax changes there's nothing in there different to what you put and whilst I concede that this was a Libdem policy I refuse to concede that it is designed to benefit the poor as it doesn't.

What does and does not help the poor is not even remotely relevant to the subject of this thread, so why would you "refuse to concede" something that's of no significance whatsoever?

Or are you resorting to your other habitual debating tactic of trying to shift the goalposts? That never works either, beyond making you look desperate.

The alternative would have been to bring the Government down forcing another election, they would have then been in a much better position to negotiate their policies with other parties before going back to the electorate.

They did bring the Government down! Had you not noticed that we no longer have Brown in charge?

What does and does not help the poor is not even remotely relevant to the subject of this thread, so why would you "refuse to concede" something that's of no significance whatsoever?

Or are you resorting to your other habitual debating tactic of trying to shift the goalposts? That never works either, beyond making you look desperate.

Not at all, you posted a link to a headline that showed a great victory for the Libdems in helping the poor.

I only pointed out that this one great victory isn't really a great victory, which kind of shows the incompetence of the people now governing the country.

If I can see this (and you as you don't dispute it) then why the heck can't the politicians.

They did bring the Government down! Had you not noticed that we no longer have Brown in charge?

THe libdems didn't bring the Government down, they finished third or hadn't you noticed.

Which laws are going to be repealed then?

Common belief is one thing, getting it into Law is another

If you wait a couple of days you can listen to the Queens Speech.

If you can't wait you can read the leaked Queens Speech in today's papers. There are 21 items of law in it beginning with Labour's finance plans being thrown out.

If you can't be bothered to do that then look up the Great Repeal Bill.

Archived