Privatise the roads. Rothschild proposal excites Tories

I suggested this in my many arguments with people over the worth of the UK.

The fact is the countries wealth has increased signifcantly, the Tories must be rubbing their hands with glee over the opportunites available to them now.

Wait for a big push on Council House sales as well, I'm not sure how the Libdems would react as they want more Social Housing.

Why should we have to pay to use them when we (us taxpayers) have already paid for them?

Because the road network is the only untaped asset that the countries got.

Sell the roads could clear the national debt over night.

The debt has to be paid one way or another, this way no one is harmed and the country will benefit with real inward investment.

The roads were built with public money (ie taxes) which were extracted from the working people of England over many many years. If the CONS sell them off to their Etonian scum friends are us taxpayers going to get all our money back? Or, more likely I think, are we to expect to pay "tolls" on the motorways that we bought and own?

Pretty stupid to be selling assets when the private sector has no funds because of the banking collapse. it will be sold cheap and ongoing the poor will disproportionately end up paying for it through increased costs of commodities that rely on roads for distribution.

The roads were built with public money (ie taxes) which were extracted from the working people of England over many many years. If the CONS sell them off to their Etonian scum friends are us taxpayers going to get all our money back? Or, more likely I think, are we to expect to pay "tolls" on the motorways that we bought and own?

You don't seem to understand that the government are the people you refer too.

Pretty stupid to be selling assets when the private sector has no funds because of the banking collapse. it will be sold cheap and ongoing the poor will disproportionately end up paying for it through increased costs of commodities that rely on roads for distribution.

Do you naively think that because the banks went broke there's less money on the planet than there was before.

Archived