Privatise the roads. Rothschild proposal excites Tories

My 13 mpg car takes 100l of unleaded, that's £120 a fill up. Feel my pain.

Actually you won't because nobody is forcing me so I use the pushbike so that I can subsidise your use of the road. ;)

Actually you won't because nobody is forcing me so I use the pushbike so that I can subsidise your use of the road. ;)

Most of my cars cost more than £250 to fill up, but I do not wish to be boastful which is where you come in.:roll:

It will end in paying for it anyhow even if they don't toll the roads because there will be infated prices for the work and the bidding system will end up corrupt as it is with every other project that the Govt puts into private hands.

Just look at the Millenium dome and the Olympics.

Most of my cars cost more than £250 to fill up, but I do not wish to be boastful which is where you come in.:roll:

Hehe you tinker. £250? You're either driving something extraordinary like a Massey Ferguson tractor or you're fibbing. Rumbled. ;)

Anyway, the point is that you aren't subsidising anyone even though you are paying into general taxation when you buy petrol or your VED. By spindrift's numbers you are being subsidised by other taxpayers to the average tune of £2k for each of your vehicles.

Now then, I didn't use the term freeloading but those who don't drive might feel that you are getting something that they aren't... freeloading?

Which roads do you frequent on your pushbike. Who knows I may bump into you one day!:D

13 Tony, what the hell ya got.

Mine gets 28 and is a 3.6 twin turbo job.

Archived