Info on Crookesmoor School and pupils

mattjon

My cousin Graham and Trever Cotterill lived at 51 and I lived at 75. Was it Stewart Hoyland that was in your regiment I know Lawrence was in the Airforce I think but he was the older one of the Hoylands. I also remember Derek Smith.

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 11:04 ----------

I also remember the day the King died and they sent us all home from School. Goof old days. All the dads used to make a big bonfire in the middle of the road as there wasn't any cars we were all too poor in money but rich in friendship. That was on bonfire night and all the mums used to make different things and we used to put all the fireworks together and the dads used to set them off

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 11:05 ----------

Meant to say good

My cousin Graham and Trever Cotterill lived at 51 and I lived at 75. Was it Stewart Hoyland that was in your regiment I know Lawrence was in the Airforce I think but he was the older one of the Hoylands. I also remember Derek Smith.

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 11:04 ----------

I also remember the day the King died and they sent us all home from School. Goof old days. All the dads used to make a big bonfire in the middle of the road as there wasn't any cars we were all too poor in money but rich in friendship. That was on bonfire night and all the mums used to make different things and we used to put all the fireworks together and the dads used to set them off

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 11:05 ----------

Meant to say good

Kenneth Hoyland was a Warrant Officer and I think that it was Allan Hoyland as well, we were in the York & Lancaster Regiment.

• 2 years later...
Throw some more pupil names in.

Trevor & Susan Dawson, Paul Lake, Linda Dawson, Irene Archer, Donald & Tony Wilson, Brian & Lesley Naylor, Sharon & Kevin Walker, Diane Wragg, John & Tommy Eales(Carr), Leonard & Ann Kirk,Charlie Goddard, Cathrine Idell, Gillian Bullas, Mick Ratley, Ron & David Belk. Johnnie Coggin (AKA Johnnie Kalendar of the club circuit)

Doubt if this thread is still alive but I am one of the pupils mentioned in your thread.

Some of the people in my classes were Maxine Crossley, Kathalene Thorpe, Glynis Charles, Nigel Orm, Steven Naylor, Rodney Smith, Frankly Field, Jean Merton (sigh!), Andrew Wallace, Philip Cundy, john Titterton, John Coggin

Edited by Roman
Update

Doubt if this thread is still alive but I am one of the pupils mentioned in your thread.

Some of the people in my classes were Maxine Crossley, Kathalene Thorpe, Glynis Charles, Nigel Orm, Steven Naylor, Rodney Smith, Frankly Field, Jean Merton (sigh!), Andrew Wallace, Philip Cundy, john Titterton, John Coggin

Melvyn Orme. Harry Pickering, Philip Conway, Keith Skelton, Linda Dawson, Trevor Dawson, Susan Dawson, Cecil Spencer. Neville Wright

• 4 months later...