Advice about smelly fridge

I have an integrated Hotpoint fridge. I've cleaned the inside thoroguhly but it is still very smelly. I think something unpleasant has oozed down the drainage hole at the back and the smell is coming from the condenstation tray.

If I take the fridge out of its housing, is this tray accessible - will I be able to clean it out? - or is it a sealed unit?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Use an egg-cup, filled with "Bicarb" (bicarbonate of Soda/ Sodium Bicarbonate) powder. (easily available on the baking aisle in supermarkets)

Leave the egg cup, open, on a shelf within the fridge, and the "Bicarb" should absorb the nasty whiffs.

Bicarb also works in the fridge if it's something strongly smelling, such as garlic or onion.

Cut a lemon in half and leave it in the bottom of the fridge. It slowly absorbs all the smells (also gives you lemony smell)

I once moved into a flat without checking the smell from the fridge first, first time I opened it I could smell curry for a couple of days. A lemon sorted it out after a week.

Cut a lemon in half and leave it in the bottom of the fridge. It slowly absorbs all the smells (also gives you lemony smell)

I got that tip too from Kim and Aggie once... to be fair, ive just taken to cleaning the inside of my fridge every month..

I once moved into a flat without checking the smell from the fridge first, first time I opened it I could smell curry for a couple of days. A lemon sorted it out after a week.

"ping" half a cut lemon in a cup of hot water in your microwave for about a minute, that gets rid of grease and nasty "niffs"

Archived