Why are burkas etc. always black (or dark)?

If the whole point is to avoid attention then bright colours may not be the right choice methinks.

I think someone dressed like the grim reaper might, just might, draw a little attention walking down the high street.

Personaly I think they have this dress code thing wrong, it should be the men who wear the burka, that way they could hide the fact that they can't grow a proper moustash.

I think someone dressed like the grim reaper might, just might, draw a little attention walking down the high street.

Personaly I think they have this dress code thing wrong, it should be the men who wear the burka, that way they could hide the fact that they can't grow a proper moustash.

Is that a Greek dish? :huh:

I actually agree with you on your first point. It does draw a lot of attention to people, which seems to defeat a lot of the purpose.

wouldnt that be like a shop that they buy em from already??

theyre not born wearing a burka (i dont think :loopy:)

:suspect:

Probably, but the idea would be to sell them in more than just black.

They could do a special edition Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat version.

Or a St George flag version, that'd go down well during the World Cup.

i sw a lady in town wearing a pinky purple coloured one today but she did have the black bit covering her mouth which made it look a little odd, but it was quite bright and summery.
So answering the question for the OP unless the goal posts have now been moved.

What happened to the other thread? Have the dumb racists been at it again to get it closed?

So answering the question for the OP unless the goal posts have now been moved.

What happened to the other thread? Have the dumb racists been at it again to get it closed?

excuse me??

someone commented about coloured burkah, and I mentioned that I happened to see one. The OP asked why always black, I said I saw a coloured one.

please explain how that is racist? why the chip on the shoulder pal, I have said nothing remotely racist or against islam. maybe I have misread you, if have, then i apologise. If i have not, then please drop the attitude pal.

Oh and which other thread do you refer to? the one where i was told that i was making up stories when in fact, i was not?

excuse me??

someone commented about coloured burkah, and I mentioned that I happened to see one. The OP asked why always black, I said I saw a coloured one.

please explain how that is racist? why the chip on the shoulder pal, I have said nothing remotely racist or against islam. maybe I have misread you, if have, then i apologise. If i have not, then please drop the attitude pal.

Oh and which other thread do you refer to? the one where i was told that i was making up stories when in fact, i was not?

You have misread the question. Another thread with rabids were doing their thing seems to have been pulled whilst I've been away to gym. The comment that you made I said had answered the question that burkas aren't necessarily black which was followed by a low life racist name calling me a Muslim Hitler.

So no attitude but a misunderstanding on your part Since you already apologised no further comment.

You have misread the question. Another thread with rabids were doing their thing seems to have been pulled whilst I've been away to gym. The comment that you made I said had answered the question that burkas aren't necessarily black which was followed by a low life racist name calling me a Muslim Hitler.

So no attitude but a misunderstanding on your part Since you already apologised no further comment.

Thankyou for clearing that one up Tab. I dont foam at the mouth and i dont take every opportunity to bash minority or majority groups.

Like the women you mean.:hihi:

Archived