Rip vietnamese noodle bar

I was a bit ocd about this place. Went pretty much once every two weeks.

There is a group of us who were so gutted when it went. We were given a warning a couple of months that it would happen, but we just hoped it would turn itself around!

Now turning into a new Chinese restaurant called Hong Kong Wok I think, fingers crossed they are nearly as good!

I used to love Lamb with galangal. But whenever I ordered something other than that I was often disappointed. Some of the noodle dishes were a bit bland. And sometimes there was a criminal shortage of Vietnamese Specialities. The first three I asked for were all off! And there was nearly always a table apparently having much more interesting food than me! I didn't know if it was rude just to point and say 'Can I have what they're having'. This problem used to affect me at Dim Sum too! Still loved that lamb though. Hong Kong Wok does not sound promising. Is it going to be a buffet?

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like its going to be a Cantonese...

I've been in there twice and both times just disappointed with the food.

...Plus there's an actually really good Vietnamese across the street

Let's hope the new place will be living up to the standards set up by places up and down London Road!

Archived