New TV Lisence Can Anybody Explain?

I dont understand why they couldn't have just put a short sentance explaining that! seems dead simple now! I might aswel have spoken to the wall that the lady on the telephone..

Im sure there was something on the website that said you are required to have one if you use a laptop or computer aswel. Whether that's due to being able to stream tv, bbi player etc i'm not sure?

Thanks for the help people :thumbsup:

I'll be proved wrong but if you look on the website it states you also need one for the use of devices such as computer, laptop, mobile phone (!?), or dvd/video recorder.

But only to watch/record TV as it is aired (I've got a reminder for mine here).

If you only watch DVDs/recorded programs (from a friend)/internet TV, then you do not need a licence - read the entire text (carefully):thumbsup:.

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

Watching TV on the internet

You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands.

Source.

Archived