Delicately worded email help

basically I want to apologise to someone for making a cheeky/speculative ask for more money for a project. It was perhaps a little bit silly, but I don't think I've offended anyone. However I want to apologise and I want a word like "beg" to finish this sentence:

Apologise if it sounded .....

I don't think "churlish" is correct, and obviously "cheeky" is too informal. I'm not particularly sorry, but just want to sound polite.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/beg

Main Entry: beg

Part of Speech: verb

Definition: request

Synonyms: abjure, advocate, apply to, ask, beseech, besiege, call to, canvass, conjure, crave, desire, entreat, impetrate, implore, importune, invoke, nag, obsecrate, obtest, petition, plead, pray, press, requisition, solicit, sue, supplicate, urge, woo, worry

Antonyms: answer

Main Entry: beg

Part of Speech: verb

Definition: seek charity

Synonyms: ask alms, benefit, bite*, brace, bum*, burn*, buzz*, cadge, call on, call upon, chisel, clamor for, dime up, ding, freeload, hit up, hustle, knock, live hand to mouth, mendicate, mooch, nick, nickel up, panhandle, pass the hat, put the bite on, put the touch on, score*, scrounge, solicit charity, sponge on, sponge, tap, touch, want

Antonyms: give

any of them do ?

Here's an old fashioned idea - why not ring them or meet up in person rather than hiding behind a computer screen? Email shouldn't be a substitute for proper communication so to use it to apologise is just cowardly.

Here's a 21st century idea... instead of trolling around on the internet, how about coming up with helpful suggestions?! I got a blunt email after a proposal went in with reference to something specific, and I want to send a polite email in response. There is no other reason to call them or arrange a meeting with them, it's the little details and showing of good manners that mean a lot where I work. I'm not necessarily apologising, just suggesting that perhaps what i requested was a little forward/impertinent, and I respect that.

Archived