Pub/club/gig guides/magazines in Sheffield?

rachel84

Hi,

In the Derbyshire/Nottingham/Leicestershire area we have quite a few A5 black and white, quite cheaply produced monthly guides as to what's on in the area in terms of singers/tribute bands/battle of the bands and so on. One is 'The Entertainer' - they range in price but can be as little as 25p - most people like me don't buy them but read them in bars/clubs. They also have quite a lot of advertising for equipment like speakers and amps.

Just wondered if there was anything similar in Sheffield and Doncaster? Any websites I can have a look at that support these publications?

Look forward to hearing from people,

Rachel

I would say that exposed is the most well known of the sheffield free magazines but there are certainly quite a few more of these in sheffield, can;t remember all there names though.

Hi,

Thanks for these - sadly I can see the sandman isn't printed anymore or online by the looks of it. There are some reviews on the site, but not sure how long ago they were.

Shows how much attention I pay to the music scene at the moment....You are right, they've stopped.

Alive is a good listings guide if you want one, I was actually going to make a website based upon this (and may still do)

Hi,

Thanks Chris - will keep an eye out for Now Then and Toast, and have heard a few people talk about Alive.

Good luck with the website Satyr if you go ahead with it - plenty going on in Sheffield to include on the site.

Archived