Two rape allegations, one acquittal and a suicide

Can't the CPS be sued for criminal negligence ? At least the judge gave the CPS a piece of his mind...

"And in an attack on the Crown Prosecution Service, Judge Robertshaw said the case against Mr Fadayomi should never have gone ahead.

"The evidence did not and was never going to prove rape," he said, adding "the prime overriding consideration" in the CPS' decision had been merely that "the complainant wished the case to go ahead".

"It was little short of a craven abdication of responsibility for making an independent and fair-minded assessment of the case," he told the court.

"It's quite astonishing these decisions are made by those who simply do not have experience of what happens in Crown Court - because they never come into Crown Court.

"They sit behind desks in offices and make the sort of decisions that result in this sort of trial taking place."

Yeah I wonder what would happen if she was really raped.

Its sickos like this that help undermine real victims of rape and domestic abuse and what have you. I hope she goes inside but knowing this country she wont, and in a few years time she`ll in all probability accuse some other poor mug of the same thing.

Yes, but he has chosen to speak out about it, it would appear.

if his name wasnt released, he would then have a choice wether to speak out or not and put his name forward!

What's not to be certain about? The names of men accused of rape are always made public.

I'm not certain whether the defendant in this case was named or whether he chose to speak about his ideal to the local press. I thought that the law had changed recently, but perhaps not. There were certainly proposals to do so in the pipeline.

I'm not certain whether the defendant in this case was named or whether he chose to speak about his ideal to the local press.

He has no right to anonymity; whether the local papers actually did name him or not I don't know, but certainly anyone who checked with the court would know he was on trial for rape.

He has no right to anonymity; whether the local papers actually did name him or not I don't know, but certainly anyone who checked with the court would know he was on trial for rape.

why has he no right? Is this a personal opinion?

Well, the new government is proposing to give men accused of rape anonymity, it was debated under the Labour government but was obviously never passed. There are many opponents to this as anonymity is not afforded in other crimes.

Archived