£42500 for a property

It is still in place. However, using some of the money raised from it to build new property is not necessarily a bad idea.

It's a great idea, but weren't councils prevented from doing just that in the past?

Sounds like a great Idea if they let our young couples have them instead of flooding the channel tunnel with people from all over the world when they hear about them.

the tunnel is already full with bulgarians on their way....this is not good news to the albanians at manor top car wash...they told me they are coming to take their jobs...told them to get to dover and repel the invasion...

3/4 bedroomed Semi's. 3/4 bedroom flats.

1/2 bedroom terraces and flats should be cheaper.

if that's the price i'll have one

If this is for the ones who can't get on the market i envisage no mortgages available for the poorer electorate so the rich will buy on the cheap. oh i forgot tories like the rich.

the tunnel is already full with bulgarians on their way....this is not good news to the albanians at manor top car wash...they told me they are coming to take their jobs...told them to get to dover and repel the invasion...

Somehow that reminds me of a conversation that I had with a Pakistani taxi driver a while ago. He was complaining about the Kosovans moving into his area and taking their jobs.:roll:

3/4 bedroomed Semi's. 3/4 bedroom flats.

1/2 bedroom terraces and flats should be cheaper.

£42.5k will just about pay for the construction costs only of a very small 1 bed apartment. No land costs. No architects or engineers fees. No finance and no environmental improvements and definitely no profit. It certainly won't get you a house.

It is additional money, not the only money.

£42.5k will just about pay for the construction costs only of a very small 1 bed apartment. No land costs. No architects or engineers fees. No finance and no environmental improvements and definitely no profit. It certainly won't get you a house.

It is additional money, not the only money.

Give over.

You can build a decent house for that.

Land costs are expensive, granted, but they shouldn't be!

Land ownership is inherently evil and causes most of society's ills.

Archived