Is this true about flying flags

pathebladela

heard today from some mates at work there are rumours that flying a st george's flag ,, union jack flag from your house could result in in being, first a letter telling you to remove the flag then persistant offenders being fined any one else heard owt (tell you what sheffield city council) mine is staying put if this is the case. english n proud i am

its a advisory note for the pubs playing the world cup, the police would like the pubs not to allow anyone in to watch the maches if they are wearing football tops or carrying flags...gonna cause more trouble than it saves if you ask me

its a advisory note for the pubs playing the world cup, the police would like the pubs not to allow anyone in to watch the maches if they are wearing football tops or carrying flags...gonna cause more trouble than it saves if you ask me

From one police office in one area, isn't it?

The thing about flags is rubbish started and spread by racists who want to cause trouble, ignore it.

heard today from some mates at work there are rumours that flying a st george's flag ,, union jack flag from your house could result in in being, first a letter telling you to remove the flag then persistant offenders being fined any one else heard owt (tell you what sheffield city council) mine is staying put if this is the case. english n proud i am

Somebody spends to much time on Facebook:hihi:

If you believe that you will believe anything.

I dont see why a flag would offend anyone as such, but unfortunately I think because it only seems to be seen when there is football going on it gives the impression of yobs and such. I dont think there would be so much of an issue if it was the union jack.

I am by no means a lefty or pc correct but its ludecrous to disallow flags, it really isn't offending anyone.

Guest sibon

It is true. The Con-Dem coalition will pass the "Dangerous Flags Act" on Thursday. This will make it illegal for anyone gullible enough to believe what they read on Facebook, or in The Daily Mail, to fly the flag of St George.

You will also be forced to wear a Burkha for the entire duration of England's participation in the world cup.

Archived